When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Submariner Franken-project

Sharky

Ok guys,

here's what i'm really looking forward to recently...

Its taken an incredible effort to source the genuine parts but finally i have managed to get a contact for practically any gen rollie part that exists :lol: ... they are not cheap, but hey, at least i can get them!!! haha

So, here's the breakdown:

The Parts that will be used:

TW Case

TW saphire crystal

Genuine Swiss ETA movement

Genuine Rollie Parts:

insert

triplock crown

crown tube

insert complete with pearl

springbars

Tudor hands set

Other parts:

CN Dial

CN closed 6s and 9s date overlay

CN bracelet

Mods:

Full modding is planned including relume, CGs reshaping, polishing, bezel setting, water profing etc...

Now, I'm left handed, so i've decided that this would look really cool if i can find someone to revolve the dial around to turn it into a 'destro'. Not sure this is possible but I think that would be really cool and original!!!

Final result would be a replica of an approximate year 2000 submariner date, complete with genuine box, papers etc.

Waiting for your thoughts guys.

P.s. if any modders would like to take on this project pls note i am in the EU and will welcome your proposals.

Thanks in advance

Sharky

post-259-1166787142_thumb.jpg

Hey Sharky,

It looks like you have your work cut out for you and a nice pile of parts ( btw ... is your dial missing a marker at the 1?) I was just thinking about your destro idea ... which sound like a cool concept ... all you would need to do is rotate the dial 180 degrees... and you would have your lefty sub... anywho ... best of luck with it .

rob

someone posted a pic on (i think?) tz a couple years ago of a genuine lefty sub. it was one of only one or two, i think, ever made in the 1970's?

James Dowling had this one custom made... Basically a 5513 bead blasted, PVD'd and Destro'd...

172364-9269.jpg

Is this the one you recall seeing?

For what it's worth, this is a great project, and the results will be quite nice with that list of ingredients. How do I know?

172364-9270.jpg

:g:

:lol:

@ ubi

so you think i should not have a problem with switching the dial round?

thanks for your comments guys :)

keep em coming ;)

I don't think it would be too much of a problem; you'll have to cut the dial feet and reposition the datewheel so that it lines up straight at the 9:00 position, but that's really all you should need to do.