When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is It Hard To Change Cyclops On A Pam222 To A Bigger One

wan

If you use the right method, there's no way to damage the crystal...

Don't forget that Pam 063, needs a 6mm cyclops, not larger.

I'm thinking to make a tutorial to replace the cyclops, but I will do it during the Christmas holidays, next days... :)

Edited by lello

I have a pam222 and a pam63 that i want to put larger cyclops on.......Will this be hard to do without damage to the crystal?

My tutorial if you have a Watchmen cyclops:

1)Pack watch in box.

2)Send watch and cyclops to The Zigmeister

3)wait for mailman

4)Open box

5)Gaze lovingly at the awsome mag provided by your new cyclops.

Seriously, unless you have one of the previous 6mm aftermarket cyclopses that provide negligable increase in mag, you should not try to install your own unless you are very skilled. The Watchmen cyclopses need to be installed with gen-like perfection to function like the gen cyclops. Many of the non-watchsmith-installed pieces I've seen have some distortion and light artifact issues because they were misaligned.

Seriously, unless you have one of the previous 6mm aftermarket cyclopses that provide negligable increase in mag, you should not try to install your own unless you are very skilled. The Watchmen cyclopses need to be installed with gen-like perfection to function like the gen cyclops. Many of the non-watchsmith-installed pieces I've seen have some distortion and light artifact issues because they were misaligned.

Shipping everything to The Zigmeister, whichever mod you have to make, it's always the best and safest way to go, as he is far the best!

...This being said, it doesn't mean that sometimes somebody could manage making some mods on his own.

I might be wrong, The Zigmeister could say that, but I think to remember, around one and a half year a go, I made a post about how I managed to take away the old cyclops and put a new one on a Pam crystal and The Zigmeister thanked me to have done that post.

Anyway, the misalignement could only be along the ray of the crystal circle.

This can be easily avoid using a premade circle cardboard mask (dima), with externally the same diameter of the crystal and a squared hole (widow) of 6 x 6 mm (or 7 x 7), previously carefully cut in the right position (see pic), so that you just drop the new cyclops in that hole and the right position can't be missed.

This window, in case of the Pam 063, stays at 4,5 mm, from the crystal edge and you can make some tests, before you disassemble the old cyclop, until you get the right position.

I made it several times already and recently with two very powerful cyclopses 1,8 x (Watchmen) and they work very well.

172369-9267.jpg