When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 112 minute hand fell off and band/case bar bent

Hello everyone. I am new here and this is (unfortunately) my first post. A few days ago I dropped my Pam 112 when going through airport security when my backpack got caught on my watch and ripped the band from wear it attaches to case. When the watch hit the minute hand fell off and the bar that holds the band to the watch is a bit bent. Internally everything seems fine with watch and the hour hand continues to track time when I keep it wound.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Anybody up for fixing it for me? I am in Northern California if that matters at all.

Thanks!

Sounds like you can try the guide for how to disassemble movement. With some luck, the fall just caused the hand to fall off.

Shortly, screw off the caseback with a sticky ball / duc tape, remove stem and then lift out movement/dial/hands from the case. After that, just try to put the minute hand back onto the canon pinion. You could need some simple tools.

Otherwise. you could also send the watch off to a forum watch maker (have the movement serviced while you're at it).

Any watch maker can do that. You might however find that some loathe reps (often without knowing much about their current quality). Ask kindly, and if you get no - go to next place. If you're lucky you might befriend yourself with a local and skilled watchmaker - priceless in this hobby!

Otherwise, just send it to Vac. Think his lead times are ok nowadays.