When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ROO J12 sec@12 comes with jewel mod native: true story or not?

GenTLe

Hello gents,

these days there are big discounts on the Noob ROO watches (see -> http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/special or at intime.co : all 42mm at 318 and all 44mm at 368$).

Now I heard that, one of the differences is that J12 has a movement with added jewels that avoid the problems of friction, while noob doesn't...

Is there any truth in this? Confirmed by horologist that worked on both of them?

Thanks, GenTLe

Noob has no extra jewel at the friction point. That's a fact. J12 sec@12 movements does not have an extra jewel either but uses a washer to alleviate the friction. It is slightly more reliable than the noob movement as a result but still requires servicing to make it reliable in the long term

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

Thanks Al.

I've around 45 pieces in rotation now, so it shouldn't be a big problem: they will be used like 10/15 days/year each one (I am getting a Don Ramon and a Safari 2014 Noob: the J12 are too expensive for a risky movement :) )