When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gmt compare

kingkitesurf

Sorry to be ignorant. I have been on this forum a while. Been of for a while too to pursue gens. But now I found that blowing a hole in budgets and getting distrust on Rollie's being gen might as well make me wear tribute ones haha. Being able to make more choices in daily wear is a big plus. Recently bought the deepsea blue. Great but bulky. 

Hence I am looking for the GMT BLNR. I like black and blue. However I noticed trusted dealer carry many different ones. Simply don't see the difference only movements. The best is still the wrong handstack 2836 right? Any thing like Noob or other factories differences? Has anybody have a list of minuses and pluses of versions?

It can make a big difference. For example I have the IWC top gun V1 with great AR and a friend v2. Mine looks far better in general. Minor things that only geeks like us know but the AR blows it right away. 

What at about the ceramic Gmt blnr

I believe that the newer noob V2 is probably the best out there now. it also has the advantage of accepting genuine parts, so when you buy it and then go crazy like a lot of us, you can mod it to your hearts (And wallet) content. If no modding, it's pretty nice out the box. Biggest tell of course is the Incorrect hand stack. I don't believe that any of the dealers are still selling the correct hand stack movement, but I could be wrong. like I said, if you want to mod it, you can turn it into and almost genuine watch with a gen dial, gen bezel/insert, gen crystal, yuki 3135 movement converted to a GMT, gen hands and Date wheel top it off and you will have a GMT that will fool anyone. al of that comes at a pretty steep cost though.

• Like 2