When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chronomat123's Collection

Guest chronomat123

Guest chronomat123

I've bought and sold a lot of my collection and here is what remains.

Genuine Rolex Explorer 2 cream

Genuine Rolex Submariner 5513

Genuine Omega Seamaster Pro Chrono

Genuine Omega Speedmaster Pro 1957

Genuine Breitling Headwind black dial ss all brushed

Rep "DW" Rolex 6263 Paul Newman Daytona (currently looking for a Valjoux 23, by the way :) )

Rep Rolex Explorer 1

Rep MBW Rolex Submariner Date 1680, gen crown, refinished bracelet & case, improved aftermarket bezel & insert

Rep Rolex Daytona Cosmograph 116520, bezel refit to increase crystal height, case and bracelet shined and refinished

PAM 111G completely stock (best $150 I ever spent-- from Andrew) on Officine Firenze strap

Omega Seamaster Pro "closed factory", older version with correct bracelet pins. Refinished case and bracelet and realigned bezel. Currently awaiting a genuine dial and bezel set to arrive.

173182-9071.jpg

173182-9072.jpg

173182-9073.jpg

173182-9074.jpg

173182-9075.jpg

173182-9076.jpg

173182-9077.jpg

173182-9078.jpg

173182-9079.jpg

173182-9080.jpg

173182-9081.jpg

173182-9082.jpg

173182-9083.jpg

NICE COLLECTION i especially like the explorer II white dial version and u know i love vintage

i just ordered me a exp. II , lol i love the black hands and indices on this one against the white dial

merry christmas and thanks for sharing your beauties with us

joe

Guest chronomat123
NICE COLLECTION i especially like the explorer II white dial version and u know i love vintage

i just ordered me a exp. II , lol i love the black hands and indices on this one against the white dial

merry christmas and thanks for sharing your beauties with us

joe

Hey Joe--

Thanks! I love the Exp 2 you ordered-- the white black looks sweet. This one's a 1986 model, with 16550 designation, instead of the newer 16570. It has a creamy "French Vanilla" dial with white gold indices and hands. Beautiful. And completely original!

Erp, never mind -just read again it's a gen. It's gorgeous, I wish it came in a rep.

Sorry, I've got the holiday brain dead syndrome.

Guest chronomat123

Hey AMK,

They cost these days anywhere from $7500 in poor shape to $11000 in mint shape with box and papers.

The replica is nothing like the gen. First off, the dial markers and hands are white gold trimmed on the gen, not black. Also it has a "Rail dial", which is rare in that it's spaced differently than most Rolexes:

SUPERLATIVE CHRONOMETER

OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED

Those bold C's are supposed to line up. That's usually how you can identify a genuine dial.

There are also some slight differences in the bezel font between the genuine Cream Explorer and the moden Explorer. And the "French vanilla"-esque patina is just the most beautiful thing you've ever seen.

Hey AMK,

They cost these days anywhere from $7500 in poor shape to $11000 in mint shape with box and papers.

The replica is nothing like the gen. First off, the dial markers and hands are white gold trimmed on the gen, not black. Also it has a "Rail dial", which is rare in that it's spaced differently than most Rolexes:

SUPERLATIVE CHRONOMETER

OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED

Those bold C's are supposed to line up. That's usually how you can identify a genuine dial.

There are also some slight differences in the bezel font between the genuine Cream Explorer and the moden Explorer. And the "French vanilla"-esque patina is just the most beautiful thing you've ever seen.

Thanks Chronomat.

I've asked the price of the gen cream dial cause this is consider as a collectors item .... since it was a faulty color production. It meant to be a white dial but some of the batches came out cream.

The cream dial ... if can be found .... usually costs 3 times as much compared to the white.

Guest chronomat123
Beautiful collection.

That's a lovely Speedy!!! Where did you get that?

Hey BT--

It's the "1957 Speedmaster Reissue", basically a commemorative re-launch of what the original Speedy looked like, came out in 1998 I believe. One of the most beautiful watches I've ever owned. You can pick them up for around the same price as a normal Speedy Pro. Mine was $1125, I believe. Tremendous bargain, the 57 reissue, because you get the broadarrow hands without spending $2k+

Hey BT--

It's the "1957 Speedmaster Reissue", basically a commemorative re-launch of what the original Speedy looked like, came out in 1998 I believe. One of the most beautiful watches I've ever owned. You can pick them up for around the same price as a normal Speedy Pro. Mine was $1125, I believe. Tremendous bargain, the 57 reissue, because you get the broadarrow hands without spending $2k+

Very nice indeed. My "Broad Arrow" hands Speedy is partly a hybrid, partly a rep of your watch. Definitely one of my all time favourites. :)

176328-8339.jpg

Movement:

176328-8340.jpg