When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thoughts On Oris Tt1 Chrono?

HauteHippie

I have the Regulateur as well, and to be honest, I really like it but I don't love it. This things too damned hard to read at night.

One of my clients just got this ltd edition 47mm Oris. I've tried it on and it's really fantastic and doesn't seem that huge. Here's a wrist shot, the dink e-mails me photos of his watch on vacation in Hawaii LOL.

http://www.watchnet.com/forums/tradingpst/...mes;read=293665

post-348-1167170982_thumb.jpg

I have the Regulateur as well, and to be honest, I really like it but I don't love it. This things too damned hard to read at night.

One of my clients just got this ltd edition 47mm Oris. I've tried it on and it's really fantastic and doesn't seem that huge. Here's a wrist shot, the dink e-mails me photos of his watch on vacation in Hawaii LOL.

http://www.watchnet.com/forums/tradingpst/...mes;read=293665

Holy crap that thing makes my Breitling Seawolf Avenger look like a Cracker Jacks prize.

There are plenty of people who will trot out the same old line that it isn't worth rep'ing a watch that can be had genuinely for less than $2k.

To them I say it is worth repping ANY watch that can be put together to the same standard as the genuine (Oris use 7750 and 2824 movements) and sold to us for a fraction of the genuine cost (doesn't matter if that fraction is 1/10 or 1/50 IMHO).

Genuine PAMs really aren't worth $10k plus, you know.....

There are plenty of people who will trot out the same old line that it isn't worth rep'ing a watch that can be had genuinely for less than $2k.

To them I say it is worth repping ANY watch that can be put together to the same standard as the genuine (Oris use 7750 and 2824 movements) and sold to us for a fraction of the genuine cost (doesn't matter if that fraction is 1/10 or 1/50 IMHO).

I second that!

Agreed, fully. And I personally go to the opposite extreme... That is... I have no interest in reps (accurate or not) of $30K+ watches. Why? Because I can't pull it off. Most of us can't. Driving up to the valet in my Audi A4 with a PAM 177, 111, or even 196 on my wrist is believable. But driving up in anything less than a Mercedes S class wearing a AP RO Chrono is not IMO. Or, wearing a watch to work that costs more than the CEO's platinum day date is equally retarded IMO. Or, a woman strutting around with a Hermes Birkin wearing jeans and flats and getting into her VW Jetta is just plain laughable IMO. But, again, I can't stress *my opinion* enough here as I know there are plenty of differing ones out there. And it's not that I am trying to fool anyone, it's that I'm just not interested in looking completely ridiculous. Maybe I'm too self conscious. Hell, aren't we all? LOL, I digress.

Anyhow, yea, I'd buy a 7750 TT1 rep without breaking a sweat. And yea, it'd cost me 40% of the gen, but so what? It just proves the gen is overpriced by more than 100% and I'm a smart buyer. Long live the free market.

Anyhow, yea, I'd buy a 7750 TT1 rep without breaking a sweat. And yea, it'd cost me 40% of the gen, but so what? It just proves the gen is overpriced by more than 100% and I'm a smart buyer. Long live the free market.
Let's speak of the 'Free Market'...

You are one of a few,...that would pay 40% of the price of a genuine, for a replica..

Most would rather spend the few hundred more, for the genuine article,

not to mention that one can obtain used gens for even less, which can bring your 40%

figure upwards to 70%.

You can keep your trigger finger away from two replica purchases and end up with a genuine.

This is why serious manufacturers won't invest the money into producing these kinds of reps,..

no matter how much some may moan....

Sure you can find cheapo paste 2gethers, but not any watch worth wearing... imo.. :whistling:

Replicas are Replicas and will always remain so,..unless you are willing to invest for a gen case,

hands, dial ect,.. but by then, in your gen Oris price range, you will have surpassed the gen price

and surely the time invested,..

Illogical to even suggest, and a total waste of energy which can be utilized for watches that

don't even come close to your 30k figure but are clearly out of range of what most would spend

on a watch, which makes them perfect for replicas, not only for the seller but for us, the buyers. ;)

Let's speak of the 'Free Market'...

You are one of a few,...that would pay 40% of the price of a genuine, for a replica..

Most would rather spend the few hundred more, for the genuine article,

not to mention that one can obtain used gens for even less, which can bring your 40%

figure upwards to 70%.

You can keep your trigger finger away from two replica purchases and end up with a genuine.

This is why serious manufacturers won't invest the money into producing these kinds of reps,..

Sure you can find cheapo paste 2gethers, but not any watch worth wearing... imo.. :whistling:

Replicas are Replicas and will always remain so,..unless you are willing to invest for a gen case,

hands, dial ect,.. but by then, in your gen Oris price range, you will have surpassed the gen price

and surely the time invested,..

Illogical to even suggest, and a total waste of energy which can be utilized for watches that

don't even come close to your 30k figure but are clearly out of range of what most would spend

on a watch, which makes them perfect for replicas, not only for the seller but for us, the buyers. ;)

Fully agree...It just doesn't make good business sense to rep watches from Oris, Sinn, Fortis, etc. The lack of reps in the marketplace is one of the benfits that these manufactures enjoy as a reward for offering their customers such high value in their products.

Firstly, let us kick that 40-70% nonsense out of the way. Unless an Oris TT1 chrono rep became the first Asian 7750 based rep to sell for $600 those figure are [censored]. Get real!*

I disagree. If anything, a lower differential between the cost of the rep and the cost of the gen puts greater pressure on the rep manufacturer to get it spot on as otherwise the incentive to 'settle for' the rep is less.

(Incidentally, I find expressions of 'rep snobbery' by members of this board the ultimate irony. If someone wants to buy two - or more likely three or four* - reps for the cost of one gen then who is anyone in here to criticise?)

Some of our most accurate reps illustrate this point very wel.....

TAG Link 2824, TAG Link Chrono A7750, Omega AT 2892/ST-18, 'closed factory' SMP 2892/ST-18.

All top reps and all available in genuine for less than $1800 (heck, with the SMP you don't even need to go grey market or second-hand if you don't mind foregoing the co-axial movement and latest dial design, and I just googled for a TAG and found one new for $1200).

Shall I go on?!

:whistling:

Firstly, let us kick that 40-70% nonsense out of the way. Unless an Oris TT1 chrono rep became the first Asian 7750 based rep to sell for $600 those figure are [censored]. Get real!*

I disagree. If anything, a lower differential between the cost of the rep and the cost of the gen puts greater pressure on the rep manufacturer to get it spot on as otherwise the incentive to 'settle for' the rep is less.

(Incidentally, I find expressions of 'rep snobbery' by members of this board the ultimate irony. If someone wants to buy two - or more likely three or four* - reps for the cost of one gen then who is anyone in here to criticise?)

TAG Link 2824, TAG Link Chrono A7750, Omega AT 2892/ST-18, 'closed factory' SMP 2892/ST-18.

All top reps and all available in genuine for less than $1800 (heck, with the SMP you don't even need to go grey market or second-hand if you don't mind foregoing the co-axial movement and latest dial design, and I just googled for a TAG and found one new for $1200).

Shall I go on?!

Yea, I'm not sure where RT is coming from. TAG is the perfect example. As far as my $600 price on an Oris TT1 rep, I was assuming a swiss 7750 - same movement as the gen. But, you're probably right, and that would be wishful thinking. So we'd be looking at, what, $300? Trouble is, then I wouldn't buy it. And perhaps I'm even more so in the minority now. :bleh:

Shall I go on?!

This blunt confrontational attitude you proudly display is is getting a bit old...

Trying to keep in character with your avatar ? ;)

I will leave your notions about pricing, including used Oris alone... I don't need to

point your mouse for you or do your mathwork.

I personally don't have anything against Oris,.. they have a fine history and a beautiful line of watches...

however,.. if you would rise above your personal desires, to the needs of a first time investor into

the manufacturing realm,... who needs to select a watch that will lessen his chances of failure, then you

would cease your campaign which has sunk to near personal attacks, on a fellow member who

is only representing the wishes of that dealer, in hopes that his wishes, will one day become ours.

What you call 'snobbery', is to some, common sense,..

Many Will Not, touch a Rep that comes within 25% of a Gen purchase...and some even

less %'s... however, of course the brand name plays a part in that decision...

Popularity percentages of Replicas proves those facts..

Regarding your examples... a little Aikido here,..

I'm not the one who posted the Tags,...however they did out-perform the Oris submissions,

are better known having famous personalities, as Tiger Woods & Uma Thurman,. and have

been repped with success recently, but still don't come close to the success of other replicas

such as Rolex, Panerai or Iwc.. so can you imagine Oris, which is much less known ?

As for the 'old factory' Omega,.. well, Number One,..the Name Omega speaks for itself,

and Number Two,.. that watch is no longer available,... ever wonder why ?

This is All about Risk management,.. R11co,.. not personal agendas,...

We handle this right and we win,.. we don't and we lose, ... so since you cannot overcome

the lack of name recognition and name respect for the Oris company, or have not been able

demonstrate by poll numbers the populatity of your beloved Oris,....please,..

you only waste yourself,.. and put me down for doing what I was chosen to do.

Lastly,..I don't care which of these first submissions get repped.. I'm looking much further

down the line,..

Lastly,... my Bond, Connery can turn your Bond over his knee and give him a proper spanking... :lol:

This blunt confrontational attitude you proudly display is is getting a bit old...

...and the patronising tone is getting boring (the thread chastising the community at large for not falling into line kicked it off for me...)

Forget my personal desires (although I doubt you will be able to divorce them from the argument), but I ask - is this project really about just selling to us or about producing a watch that our community simply introduced to the rep world? I do not believe that the former will be viable for any rep maker, so if it is the latter then it has to have appeal beyond what we perceive to be the 'right' aspects of a rep watch and have a market outwith RWG.

For example, ORIS is a brand with huge recogntion thanks to its association with Formula 1 motor racing and its sponsorship of the Williams team and previous affiliation with BMW. It sells extremely well in Australia, Germany and Japan, largely thanks to this (outselling eg. Panerai by miles in these markets). Formula 1, however, is largely ignored in the USA.

TAG is a brand that suffers huge prejudice in the US because they dare to sell them in department stores as well as so called 'authorised dealers' and are relatively inexpensive, yet because of their strong association with motorsport and golf they sell exceptionally well outside the US market and are one of the biggest recognised brands after Rolex.

...and the patronising tone is getting boring (the thread chastising the community at large for not falling into line kicked it off for me...)

Forget my personal desires (although I doubt you will be able to divorce them from the argument), but I ask - is this project really about just selling to us or about producing a watch that our community simply introduced to the rep world? I do not believe that the former will be viable for any rep maker, so if it is the latter then it has to have appeal beyond what we perceive to be the 'right' aspects of a rep watch and have a market outwith RWG.

For example, ORIS is a brand with huge recogntion thanks to its association with Formula 1 motor racing and its sponsorship of the Williams team and previous affiliation with BMW. It sells extremely well in Australia, Germany and Japan, largely thanks to this (outselling eg. Panerai by miles in these markets). Formula 1, however, is largely ignored in the USA.

TAG is a brand that suffers huge prejudice in the US because they dare to sell them in department stores as well as so called 'authorised dealers' and are relatively inexpensive, yet because of their strong association with motorsport and golf they sell exceptionally well outside the US market and are one of the biggest recognised brands after Rolex.

Patronising ...? Again off point,... Relax on the insult trigger for once will ya ?

My post is a last attempt to open some eyes to an amazing opportunity that is about to

pass us by, while some sleep, sit in on silly arguments, or spin never ending threads about

watches that were never supposed to be submitted in the first place... :whistling:

As to your questions of the target audience for Jay's new release,.... I say again, as I have

so many times, as many times as I have had to re-post the simple guidelines,... Jay is seeking

a watch that will sell the the masses,... not necessarily our board,.. we come later, if, ever...

seeing how egos are taking vision from the goal, down to the one...

As for Oris,.. it's a dead horse... your spurs are only tenderizing dog meat,...

Now that it's plain that you are only in this, to be seen on a podium, wearing your favorite watch,...

and clearly not for the success of the project,... I end this discussion,.. my patience is wasted, as

was my time. :yawn: