When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best way to remove super dry backcase screws from brand new replica

busetinha

Does anyone have a good method to remove the back case screws from a brand new replica? Everything on the watch is very dry, and the screws are very tight - I am afraid of using too much force on them, as I do not want to damage the screw heads. The very first thing I do with all my replicas is open the back case to check the movement and make sure they sent me what I paid for. Does anyone have a good method to loosen/lubricate the screws for easier removal? This seems to be an issue with every single rep I order - all the screws are very very tight and dry, including the screws on the links.

What do You do if the movement You bought is not what they sent You? If it´s  Myota or a 23j, an Asian ETA-clone or just a 21j You notice anyway.

On both, if the screws are tight and You don´t have the exact correct size, width and length - at minimum You will scratch the screw-heads. Maybe just leave them alone? (if there´s nothing else wrong).