When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any Experts on 16710 GMT builds? A liitle help please?

bobandshawn

Hi everyone and thanks for reading this. A while back I made a M2M purchase of the above mentioned watch. I have since worked the CG's and installed a gen crown and tube. I've also acquired a gen Pepsi insert. I purchased a WSO bezel and the Pepsi snapped in perfectly. Only thing is - the bezel didn't come with the other parts (my fault). Now I'm not sure what I still need to buy. I know for sure the click spring, but I'm not sure if there are one or two more parts required. I've seen mention of both a "retaining ring" and a "tension ring". 

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Maybe a graphic? (I did search)...

Thanks,
Bob

Do you have any pics to show what you have?  I recently learned that I am missing a bezel component for my Puretime red 1680. Thanks MD2020.  He's the only one who worked on it since I originally bought it.

There are complete bezel assemblies for sale with WSO and Clark.  I think they are set up very similar to the sub bezel assembly.  If you check out the pics on their Ebay stores, they show a complete breakdown of the components.  This might help you figure out which part is missing from yours.

I spent alot of time on Ebay and it seems there are two different assemblies for the same 16710. One is a two-piece, the other is three-piece. I'm not even sure if what I'm trying to do will work so I don't want to waste a bunch of money. Originally, this was a cheapie bezel with the paperclip setup. Then I came across a gen bezel/insert so I just removed the old and (semi) permanently affixed the new bezel. Looks good - NO rotation. Just thinking of how I can gerry-rig this to work.

My thoughts were to permanently affix the retaining ring to the case so that the gen bezel would snap on. Then machine the hole for the click spring.