When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam217 - Need Advice On Taking It Apart

Tom

I already have a sneaking suspicion that this is not a good idea, but it has been niggling all over Christmas and I now want to take it apart and attempt a lume job.

The sandwich dial will make it much much easier and I think I will get some Davidsen hands rather than attempt them myself.

I reckon it won't be that tricky, and if it all goes wrong - I'll just get another. Such is the wonder of reps.

However, I have searched for an hour to try and find a link in the forum that shows you how to remove the back, take the pin out, unscrew the mechanism and separate the sandwich dial from the main dial.

I have bought all the correct tools so please can someone point me in the right direction?

I also want to do an orange lume job on my B&R but I think that will be a different story altogether.

Happy Christmas!

Here you go Tom, all the answers you need are here...

My subforum...

The one you want is the How-to uncasing a 111, it is the basic same process, with the exception that you have to also remove the bezel and crystal to remove the movement. It comes out via the front on this model...

You need a crystal press to re-install the bezel and crystal, so if you dont' have one, you may want to rethink taking it apart.

RG