When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Guess i got lucky

cavi

As some of you may know I scre### up my Bretling SOH, I did send it back for repair but I basically wrote it off as lost.  Well these are very difficult to find but I saw somewhere someone selling a 44 SO that they had got off Alli.  This got me thinking and so off I went and I did find a couple of SOH on there, but the best was I found one of the ones with the white face that I love.  Less than $100 so I figured all I had to loose was $100, so I went for it and while I was there I also got a black SO 44, again sub 100.  Well they both arrived, under 2 weeks.  Yesterday the SO and today the SOH.  First the SO, it is beautiful, the finish is great.  The only thing I could fault it is it does not have a screw down crown, but for under 100 I am fine with that.  Then today the SOH arrived and again, great finish, feels and looks just like the one I destroied, but it actually looks slightly better.  this one does have the screw down crown, bezel looks nice, feels good.  I love the white face on this watch.  I am not a big fan of the mesh bracelet, but i have a beautiful leather band at home for it.  I know there are probably a number of flaws on both, but honestly for what I want they are great.  I may invest in a better SO44 latter but for now this one is great and the soh in white is not available with the TD so I am fine with this one!!  And yes the dial is not really white but a cream

.560d80ff3db08_Photo_Sep_30_2_08_08_PM.th560d811faeb87_Photo_Oct_01_11_39_04_AM.t