When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen insight

WCM21_88

Stopped into an AD today and had my wife try on some datejust's to see if she liked the size seeing as they're pretty small compared to her lame Michael Kors and other pieces she's got. She's about to finish her degree and will be graduating summer next year and I want to get her a gen datejust as her congratulations gift. So my question  is, does 4800 seem a little high for a pre-owned datejust? The model was from 2005 and only had one previous owner. I really would prefer going the gen route cause as most guys would agree, my wife is worth it and she's gone through hell getting here so she deserves the real deal. Any insist would be great guys!

-Will

Great for you to give her an awesome graduation present. Check the sales area over on TRF. I would guess you can get a better deal through one of the trusted sellers over there. You can also get a good idea of market price even if you buy at your AD. Or if you have a specific model ask one of them to source it for you. I have used a couple guys over there. Pm me if you want names.

Good luck man.

• Like 1

If you are looking at a S/S DJ,that price is high. If you are looking at a S/S and Gold TT, then probably in the ball park. I bought my wife a TT lady DJ with a diamond bezel and MOP Dial for around that, but it was over 10 years ago. The diamond bezel was aftermarket as was the MOP dial, but they are good quality and the diamonds are very nice and real!!

The only advantage to buying from and AD is having a warranty and a local dealer if you have a problem. Also has it had a recent service and papers? A 10 year old watch if it hasn't been serviced is past due for one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk