When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob v5 SUB-C bezel and bezel insert removal - question to modders

GenTLe

Hi All,

sure to find here the biggest experts in these kind of Rolex topics, can I ask you a couple of things?

I have got a nice Noob subC v.5, and it has the bezel insert which is a bit out of center with 12 marker. Even if it is something common on the gens too (see: http://forums.watchu...ent-894535.html ) one day I may want to fix it...

I suppose I should:

• take out the bezel:
  • heat it a bit (like putting it in the oven at 80°C) to make the glue soft
  • carefully start to use a very sharp knife (i.e. a surgery scalpel) between the bezel and the bezel insert, this way:

rolex-oyster-perpetual-submariner-watch-

• Once the bezel insert is off, clean its internal part
  • Remount the bezel on the watch head (same movie of 1st point, from 1:00)
  • refit the bezel insert with like 4 dots of glue at 10-20-40-50 (is bi-adhesive tape better?)

May you experts comment on this?

Is the way to remove/refit the bezel shown in the video correct? We are speaking of a Noob SubC... I don't know if it is like a gen one...

Is the rest of the procedure correct?

Is there anything I should take particular care (like bits that flies away etc)?

Thanks, GenTLe

• Like 1

I would use thin 2 sided tape. When removing the bezel, careful about the springs and clicker balls. On the gen SubC, the balls are welded to the springs and are lubricated with a lithium-type grease which tends to hold them in place.

The noob balls and springs are separate:

31c9c71df4ecb59acd72e81f7592c43d.jpg

You could easily drop them. So make sure you don't tilt the watch from horizontal as you pry off the bezel. Do not perform the surgery over [censored] carpet!

Good job. On second thought, I think Hypo cement would be fine.

While its out, might as well do the platinum paint mod on the insert.

My suggestion is to use flat white manifold/caliper paint. Bake it on, then use silver/aluminum caliper paint. Both from spray cans.

Remove factory paint from the numbers with acetone first.

No need for platinumization this time: it is the V5, already platinumized from Noob :)

I have put a bit of cyanacrilate on the back of the pearl, and probably will use a tiny amount of epoxy (long time drying one) to fix in place the bezel insert :)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

have u done an DWO? It's possible that there is the blue AR on cyclop?

And where have u bought the sharp knife? xD

Date wheel overlay? Nope that's the Noob stock dwo :)

The scalpel comes straight from the hospital surgery room (these plastic ones are one use only) and has probably cut someone's belly some time ago :) It has been washed (instead of being thrown away) with some surgery soap and gave to me from my aunt who is a nurse there.

You can find them new (at least here in Italy) in every pharmacy.