When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Explorer II help!

BT1982

First I would like to thank all of your for spreading this horrible rep affliction on me. I find myself looking at watches non stop, and my "must buy" list has grown to about 30 watches in less than a month. :)

Anyways, I am thinking about picking up an Explorer Polar 42mm V2. This seems to be the newest/ most recently updated model I could find from the TD's. This one comes with a default 2836 movement but has the option to upgrade to the Asian 3187 clone for 90 dollars more. What do you think? Is it worth the extra 90? My concern is, that of all my reps, a Rolex would be the most likely to be scrutinized by others and I have no experience with the 2836 or the A3187, I do have a JLC DMC 2824 where the movement tends to be pretty smooth.

Anyways, thanks for your inputs!

If it is scrutinized, just remember that all Rollie GMT reps have the so called "wrong hand stack", which means that while in the gen the order of the hands (from the top) is seconds, minutes, GMT and hour hand, in the reps they are seconds, minutes, hour and GMT.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great! Thanks for the info guys. Interesting to know about the hand stack. I think im still going to go with it. The only other white faced watch I have been able to find that I like is the PAM daylight (188-i). 

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.