When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Custom Rolex Tempus Machina Build Opportunity

aphillipe

Okay - Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this as I'm not technically selling anything, just exploring the waters to see if there are any interested parties in taking over my build..

Back in the early summer when the Rolex Tempus Machina Ref 216A build popped up for about $25k (with only 50 being made) I got really excited. This homage to the original 6538 with a gilt dial, red triangle, and no-CG case looks AMAZING.

( www.tempus-machina.com )

I commissioned PBDad to build me a watch to be as close as possible to that creation. He was immediately excited and despite several others showing interest to him, to my knowledge, he's only building mine for now making it the only "rep" that will be out there of this amazing homage. He's been working on it since June 2015 and is likely going to be finished with it within the next 30-90 days. It will be using a BK Sub-C as a base, will feature the same case style as his HS01 Build (No CG, beautiful chamfers etc) and is having a custom one-off gilt dial made with appropriate red-depth rating, a custom one-off domed crystal, and a custom one-off bezel assembly (coin-teeth edge) to go with the custom ceramic insert with red triangle. He charged about $1400 for his HS01 so this is in line with that price given it requires a bit more work.

All in all I was quoted $1500-1800 depending on how much these custom parts are going to run me. He's still finalizing the bezel assembly and the dial. I am into the build $900 at this point. I'm posting to see if anyone has interest in assuming my position in it as something has come up and I need to free up the funds. I'll gladly discount the amount I'm in from $900 to $800 to give someone a discount beyond the 7 months I've waited thus far.

Someone is going to have an amazing creation this spring. If you have interest in discussing the above, reach out to me via PM and I can provide emails from PBDad showing you where it's at, and a paypal transaction copy to show the funds that have been sent to him thus far. Thanks~

• Like 1

Mods- Thank you for not deleting this as I know it's an odd thread.  Member "Ant1" and I have agreed to simple terms for him to now have ownership of this build moving forward with PBDad and he's sent funds via PayPal to recover my initial investment.  If you could please lock this thread that would be fantastic.