When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

High quality no brand watch source?

kowalski608

Hi all, 

Does anyone know sellers of high quality watches that have no logo or branding on it?  It could be a homage but ideally its an origional design.  Sorta like GETAT but looking for more sources.  The watch would have the same components as the high quality reps found on this site.  

Thx,

It is easy to find what you want after you decide on what style case, dial, and bracelet you want to go with...dive style, mil style etc. You can buy them ready made or have someone put one together for you.

I have put a few of these watches together using unsigned replica rolex cases/bracelets with swiss eta movements, unsigned dials, aftmkt case tubes/crowns, crystals etc. They usually end up costing $250 to $350 but the labor is free because I do it myself. Paying to have a watch made can double the price.

Last week I put one together and here is what I used with approximate prices:   Fresh c/o genuine swiss Eta 2836 made up from left over parts, except I used a clone autowind assembly just to see how it holds up...$100USD.   Sterile replica 'no hole' 16200 style DJ case with GS PA 464-64C crystal (rolex 22)...$50 including stainless spring bars and new gaskets. The bezel had to be machined to work with the GS crystal.   ST case tube and generic 6.0mm crown...$15.   Brass movement spacer, clamps, and screws...$12.   Sterile explorer I type no date dial from Raffles Time with Eta dial feet...$15.   Mercedes hands from replica Eta submariner...$5.   Jubilee type bracelet with screws in removable links from International Watchman...$25   Hoods with soldered tubes...$15.   Unsigned flip lock clasp without dive extension with new rivet tube...$10.   Total of about $250. Same type of watch ready made from established seller with new swiss Eta will go for around $450/$500, maybe more.   

I went with an acrylic crystal and bracelet with hoods for a semi vintage look but would rather had a case with spring bar holes all the way through the lugs. The etaclone autowind assembly works fine but is nosier than a genuine assembly. I will leave it on the movement and see how it goes. The 'checker board' design on the oyster style clasp cap goes Ok with the jubilee style bracelet, I had doubts at first but it looks Ok (to me anyway).