When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Movement database

Sogeha

Back in the middle of April Champagne-Communist posted a question about ETA movement size. I started keeping a notebook some time ago and any useful nugget I find I jot down before I forget it. As a result I could share some information. I mentioned perhaps having a database of dimensions, interchangeability, what best fits what case and so on, an idea Umpahimself supported. I still feel a junior member here and I'm extremely grateful for the information and advice I have received, so on the one hand I want to payback and on the other I don't want to be pushy. I asked the mods for permission and I'm going to assemble such a database and post it in technical.

Im not taking any credit for this as much of the information is in RWG and much can be found elsewhere online. I just think if it is all in one spreadsheet, we might all save time searching. I am not a watch smith, nor an expert. My interest lies mostly in vintage Rolex and there is a ton of stuff I don't know, so I am hoping you guys might think it is a good idea and let me know what information would be useful for each brand forum. I'm attaching a beta version spreadsheet I started at lunch time for comments.