When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Explorer II Noob Factory new batch

Vire127

Hello!

Im looking for some pictures of the new batch, especially the dial/Lume job. Mine is very poorly applied with black holes and such and I need to know if it's an representive Dial or an substandard as I wondering if I should get an replacement dial.

Do yourself a favor and have the dial + hands relumed with genuine Superluminova BGW9.

Trust me, it's worth it.

Hmm that sounds promising. Could you point me to any one offering that service and how much is it ruffly? :)

Since it's a modern re-lume we're talking about I would recommend:

1) Kenny at http://www.rwg.bz/board/ has raving reviews (also he's in Europe)

2) Dirk (Zocker....) over at www.replica-watch.info is really good (+ he's an expert when it comes to modern Rolex) (also Europe)

It's somewhere around 100-150€.

If you have some free cash, (although the stock crystal is actually quite good) invest in a gen crystal. I think that Zocker can help you with that.

Then, there aren't any obvious tells to speak of.

Since it's a modern re-lume we're talking about I would recommend:

1) Kenny at http://www.rwg.bz/board/ has raving reviews (also he's in Europe)

2) Dirk (Zocker....) over at www.replica-watch.info is really good (+ he's an expert when it comes to modern Rolex) (also Europe)

It's somewhere around 100-150€.

If you have some free cash, (although the stock crystal is actually quite good) invest in a gen crystal. I think that Zocker can help you with that.

Then, there aren't any obvious tells to speak of.

Thank you so much for the help! I've contacted my TD and will se if he can refund some for the bad Lume. I will contact Kenny And Zocker to further look in to this :)

Lycka till!

Tack! Men han gick ej med på att rabattera priset.. Funderar dock på att ta den och betala det själv.

Thanks but he didn't accept my little. Refund. But I'm wondering if I should I accept it and re Lume it. :)

26 minutes ago, Vire127 said:

Thanks but he didn't accept my little. Refund. But I'm wondering if I should I accept it and re Lume it. :)

Well that's the way reps are sometimes. Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield. I learned to be very careful and ask for extra QC pictures, and also refusing some watches during QC.

My first rep was a SubC Noob v3 from one of the biggest TD's. When I received it, the first thing that happened winding it up was declaring it dead. I had it repaired for 150€ but then it went +/- 5 secs for 2 years...

I got 20USD refund. ;)

I would ask for a 20 USD discount on next purchase or something and just accept it.

Anyways... New dial or not. With genuine superluminova you will be very-very surprised. No rep dial even comes close. Flakey lume or not. 

(it's actually a bit more lumey than genuine Rolex Chromalight, Zocker made a post about it on RWI)

• Like 1

Well that's the way reps are sometimes. Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield. I learned to be very careful and ask for extra QC pictures, and also refusing some watches during QC.

My first rep was a SubC Noob v3 from one of the biggest TD's. When I received it, the first thing that happened winding it up was declaring it dead. I had it repaired for 150€ but then it went +/- 5 secs for 2 years...

I got 20USD refund.

I would ask for a 20 USD discount on next purchase or something and just accept it.

Anyways... New dial or not. With genuine superluminova you will be very-very surprised. No rep dial even comes close. Flakey lume or not. 

(it's actually a bit more lumey than genuine Rolex Chromalight, Zocker made a post about it on RWI)

I think I will re Lume it. What do you think about the overall quality? Any more flaws?

I think it looks very good actually.

A gen crystal and maaaaaybe a gen crown. If you really want to go big baller have the case and bracelet reworked/repolished.

But it's diminishing in return gained quite fast.

A Lume job is definitely going to be done and I'm considering a crystal. Thanks for all the help hologramet :)