When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Comparison between 5513 [mbw] & 5512 [new cartel]

sputim

I recently purchased a 5513 mbw from the latest batch and changed some parts by myself. First of all I have to say the quality of the mbw is very nice, however since I never had a gen in my hands I can't vouch for its accuracy but there are plenty of discussions about that. Nevertheless, it is a very well made case set and I figure certainly more accurate than the new cartel version. Yesterday, I got my hands on a 5512 from the latest cartel batch. I replaced the dial and hands by yuki, installed a very good plexi and an 702 athaya crown and tube. Lubed all the orings to make sure it is watertight. Compared to the mbw it is very close after the mods I have to say and in case you don't want to spend too much the cartel is a very very nice option and the cg's can certainly be improved with some sanding. I really like both watches and I am going to drill the lug holes on both in the near future. Take a look at the comparison pics. The one with the spring bars is always the mbw.

IMG_9184.JPG

IMG_9180.JPG

IMG_9181.JPG

IMG_9182.JPG

IMG_9183.JPG

IMG_9177.JPG

IMG_9178.JPG

IMG_9179.JPG

IMG_9175.JPG

IMG_9176.JPG

IMG_9174.JPG

• Like 2

Unfortunately I won't be home the next few weeks but I can do a profile shot of the cartel case and some better shots with day light. Overall very happy with the cartel case and the engraving isn't a big issue for me since I will only wear it on the bracelet.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

cartel is definitely better for 1/3 the price

both the mbw and cartel needs the same mods to be decent.

the bezel and case back on the mbw may have a slight edge in accuracy over the cartel though.

i would love to try and thin down a cartel case one day. cgs, lugs, bezel ring and deepen the teeth with a file.

• Like 1

I agree on you with the crown position however I really have to say the bezel assembly is very nice and I think it is the same quality as the mbw. It hase nice deep bezel teeth and is not too thick IMO. I will upload some better pictures later.

I tried to do some better close up pictures of the cartel watch. I really like the yuki 5512 dial and its hand set. The clasp and the bracelet is pretty nice except of the end near the end links which is not correct sadly. Is previously mentioned I really like the bezel assembly. You get a whole watch for the less than some rep bezel assemblys cost so not too bad I'd say.

IMG_9193.JPG

IMG_9192.JPG

IMG_9191.JPG

IMG_9189.JPG

IMG_9187.JPG

IMG_9186.JPG

IMG_9185.JPG