When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix 6541 Milgauss High Quality

I just received a Silix Milgauss ref 6541 and thought I'd share some photos. This is from the Silix "High Quality" watch category. I believe the main difference from the "economy" line is the movement is ETA style and the watch is from a different factory than the economy. I'm not an expert in gen vintage Rolex but so far I'm happy with the appearance of this one - It looks like a Milgauss on my wrist.

One area I'm initially happy with is the bezel. It seems to be higher quality - no sloppy play and it also has some friction so it stays where you turn it. In comparison the bezel on my Silix 6538 economy is very loose and moves easily when bumped and has up-down play.

I currently have the rivet bracelet from my 6538 on this watch. I didn't want to remove the protective plastic off the bracelet it came with just yet, but the bracelet looks pretty good also.

Here are the pics.

f1f4dd8df17fab1b4fd2c8f2646a154b.jpg

c998bbfd6287e692853cf63bab74fb78.jpg

5ac92b8b64ec3e7d528660c91b5a607f.jpg

e9b329e4eeac838ebf74e812f96e488e.jpg

5130710fc13abb8574586da6f8dfaa6d.jpg

13c9ddd883ba0790cff8d218de8835ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a 6541 but has model number 6538 and 5508. You have got to wonder what they are thinking when they decide on the engravings. Would it be so hard to engrave a batch for each model with correct markings?

Other than that enjoy your watch and welcome to the forum.

I don't think it will really show much even on a leather strap. Hanging out on these forums one tends to become obsessive and detail focused. Most people won't notice your watch.  Most watch guys don't know as much as the average on this forum and we tend to fixate on images several times larger than real. Truth is most of us aren't teenagers any more and at the kind of viewing distance I'm likely to get while it's on your arm, I'd struggle to tell what time it is.

It's just that if you have a pile of raw cases and an engraving machine, why wouldn't you do 5508 on Monday, 6538 Tuesday and 6541 Wednesday. It really doesn't seem that hard to me.

• Like 1