When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fake Omega And Rolex?

Common Sense

Hi!

What do you guys think about these watches? Im guessing they are really bad reps not even worh $50. Im a noob when it comes to watches though, trying to learn :) What are the most obvious tells (if they are fake)?

They charge good money for them, imho they should be arrested for fraud.

http://www.tradera.com/auction/aid_37149567

http://www.tradera.com/auction/auction.aspx?aid=36868671

Edited by Common Sense

OK. Easy spots on the no-date Sub are the end links and the sticker with TRL on the back but no hologram (which a new watch would have...) There are a pile of other things wrong, but they are the most obvious killers.

Subdials on Omega are the wrong colour and the bezel ring is rubbish. Looks like a fantasy model.

OK. Easy spots on the no-date Sub are the end links and the sticker with TRL on the back but no hologram (which a new watch would have...) There are a pile of other things wrong, but they are the most obvious killers.

Subdials on Omega are the wrong colour and the bezel ring is rubbish. Looks like a fantasy model.

Thanks for your reply, i will make notes :)

Its crazy btw to see these bad replicas go for such prices, if people on these forums werent honest they could make alot of money scamming people.

What the hell are the both of you smoking? Both of these are genuine.

You are kidding, aren't you? The sub is shown with a sticker on the back, so either the caseback has been replaced or it is a new watch. The rest of the watch says vintage to me, yet there are no marks or scratches, so what's going on?

Maybe it has been refinished and the sticker put there to protect it, and I'm just too cynical....?!

the sub has a nick on the 5:00 lug and another on the lower crown guard and another on the case side at 9:00. i would guess the case has been polished at some point. and those red stripes get put on all kinds of watches. i have bought used/serviced vintage chronos with that same stripe. but everything that would mark that sub as a rep screams gen...

easy call really :whistling: