When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Comments on rep DSSD back removal

richard591

Recently bought a rep DSSD which I'm very pleased with. Now need to remove back to check movement, slight regulation (currently running slightly slow) and complete waterproof check/waterproofing. Will need a kit of dies, including the correct 36.5 die for the DSSD, so wondering if anyone has experience of buying the ones off e-bay. There seem to be one or two kits at about £33, but not sure of the quality.

Any comments appreciated, including anything to watch out for from those who've done this.

Generally, the watch was bought as a 1:1 replica and seems very good quality from the outside.

I have the same one. Works very well. How do you tighten the caseback to the fully closed position? I put my case in a holder in my left hand, and held the tool in my right hand, but I could not tighten it the last turn. There's probably one more revolution it could make. It slipped off a couple of times at the end, so I'm thinking maybe there's a better way to get more leverage.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I do it with the case in my left hand and tool in right hand.

By the way remember you don't need to tight it to death... When the case and caseback cover surfaces come in touch just give them a little more tight to make them not easily unscrewable and that's it: the waterproofing is done by the gasket, which once the metal surfaces get in contact is already tight at its maximum.

I do it with the case in my left hand and tool in right hand.

By the way remember you don't need to tight it to death... When the case and caseback cover surfaces come in touch just give them a little more tight to make them not easily unscrewable and that's it: the waterproofing is done by the gasket, which once the metal surfaces get in contact is already tight at its maximum.

Good to know. I replaced the gasket in my Puretime red 1680 with a gen gasket and it was much thicker than stock. I greased it really well when installing it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk