When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob V6s 114060 nodate or V7 116610 - can't decide!

ninjagaiden

Folks,

Hot on the heels of two really good purchases (Tudor Pelagos & NF DSSD D-Blue) I'm eyeing up a sub.

I've decided it has to be a noob but can't decide between a V6s 114060 NoDate and my thinking swings between these two points of view

Get the V6S nodate: http://www.pf-818.com/-p-18386.html

I love the aesthetics of the nodate - the symmetry and lack of cyclops. I'm *really* not a fan of the cyclops. I emailed Joshua and he has no idea about a V7 114060 in the pipeline. I wear my watches on weekly rotation and don't really worry about setting the datewheel. It is simple and elegant.

Get the V7 116610: http://www.pf-818.com/-p-20029.html

It's a V7 and the build quality will likely be on a par with my d-blue, including the fabulous shiny bezel and platinum painted numerals. It's available now, and it makes the most of the 2836 movement (i.e. the datewheel). It will also have the right end-link markings, and have fewer tells. 

What do you reckon?

Personally I would go with a no date v6s. Here's why.. The v7 SEL appears to have gone south and also the date on any replica OTB is a dead give away. They are getting nicer but no dice when you compare it to a gen. If you plan on frankening the watch then that's a different story but out of the box a v6s 114060 is a much better choice than a 116610 v7 imho. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, irolexu said:

Personally I would go with a no date v6s. Here's why.. The v7 SEL appears to have gone south and also the date on any replica OTB is a dead give away. They are getting nicer but no dice when you compare it to a gen. If you plan on frankening the watch then that's a different story but out of the box a v6s 114060 is a much better choice than a 116610 v7 imho. 

+1 !!!

• Like 2

Thanks Guys. The ceramic dial on my D-blue is the only one I have seen on a rep, and I love the shiny finish to it.

Noob listings of V7 watches mention platinum infill on the ceramic bezels, whilst the V6s listing does not. However I've read elsewhere that even the V6 ceramic bezels do have the platinum infill.

How would you rate the V6s bezel against a V7?