When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noobies Questions :-)

luisperezt2016

Hi buddies, how are you? Firstly let me thanks for the information that I could read from here. It was awesome to find more people that loves watches like me :-) among my GENs I have:
- T-race Yellow - Tissot
- Tissot Classic Dream Gent - T0334102201101
- Tommy Hilfiger (cheap watch)
- Zub Zot 20 Yellow Watch – NOOKA

For those things in life I heard about reps, my first thought was do a search on Aliexpress (I found some sellers that could do the payment through Aliexpress) but I didn't know anything about the factories, QC, movements, and so on.

Everything was a little bit confused until I found this forum :-)

Well, since the last week I have been reading the forum, I appreciate all the information here. I wanna buy some Omega watch, exactly: Seamaster or Speedmaster.

While I checked information about the TD's I saw that the watches comes from multiples factories, and this is where begin my doubts before to buy:
1.- I have heard about V6, V6F, JF, JFH, Noob, those are differents factories?
2.- There exist any ranking among them? 3.- All the factories manufacture almost the same models or some factories are especialized on especifcs models?
4.- If I wanna buy some Omega watch. There exist some recommendation about what factories choose or no?
5.- When the seller say that then watch has sapphire glass, is it like the GEN degree or no?
6.- Some seller (not one of the TD's) told me that he could sell me a rep watch with a genuine Omega movement (he talked about expensive mechanism and cheap mechanism) is it fake or true?

Please help me with this doubts, I want a high quality rep, I don't wanna waste my money with cheap reps.

Best Regards
PD. Sorry for my English, but it isn't my native language.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found it useful so far.

Question 1, Factories is probably not really an accurate description, workshops might be better. Often cases and other parts are bought from outside suppliers and assembled by a small team. Because this is an illegal business we really only have a very vague idea what the real story is. Which leads on to question 2 and 3. The factories get there name from signature models and is a rough and ready way of identifying different suppliers. Yes factories are better at some things than others. When deciding on a particular model, the search function will help you choose who has the best of any particular model, so that would be question 4.  Do not expect Descriptions to be totally accurate, read reviews of the model. If it's a TD, then the pictures will be of what you can expect to receive. Often none TD's use pictures of the genuine watch and may just take your money and disappear. Stick to TD's! Which is basically question 6. There are plenty of websites that will sell you a Rolex, built in Switzerland by Swiss watchmakers, with a movement exactly the same as genuine. Remember if a deal seems to good to be true it probably is. There are no Swiss replicas and you are unlikely to get anything for your thousand dollars.

You made a great start by reading about the subject, carry on reading and if you really can't find an answer, then as a question in the relevant section and don't forget to keep us updated on any purchases. We like pictures.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sogeha said:

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found it useful so far.

Question 1, Factories is probably not really an accurate description, workshops might be better. Often cases and other parts are bought from outside suppliers and assembled by a small team. Because this is an illegal business we really only have a very vague idea what the real story is. Which leads on to question 2 and 3. The factories get there name from signature models and is a rough and ready way of identifying different suppliers. Yes factories are better at some things than others. When deciding on a particular model, the search function will help you choose who has the best of any particular model, so that would be question 4.  Do not expect Descriptions to be totally accurate, read reviews of the model. If it's a TD, then the pictures will be of what you can expect to receive. Often none TD's use pictures of the genuine watch and may just take your money and disappear. Stick to TD's! Which is basically question 6. There are plenty of websites that will sell you a Rolex, built in Switzerland by Swiss watchmakers, with a movement exactly the same as genuine. Remember if a deal seems to good to be true it probably is. There are no Swiss replicas and you are unlikely to get anything for your thousand dollars.

You made a great start by reading about the subject, carry on reading and if you really can't find an answer, then as a question in the relevant section and don't forget to keep us updated on any purchases. We like pictures.

Dude, thank you very much for take a time to answer my questions. I really appreciate that.

As I told you I want to buy a Omega watch, Im going to contact some dealers to talk about.

It seems the factory V6 is one of the best making Omegas rep (especially Seamaster).

To end, lets suppose that a seller tell me that one watch is from X factory? How could I know that this is true?

Best Regards

If it's from one of our TD's and he says it is from factory x, it will be from factory x. They are chosen for a reason and they are expected to abide by reasonable conduct. There isn't a very accurate replica of the omega speed master. Because they use a different movement to the genuine, the sub dial spacing is off. Most use a Chinese clone of the Valjoux 7750 movement with the sub dial positions moved from 12,9,6 to 9,6,3 which also brings reliability issues. There is a genuine omega that uses a 7750 Omega 3210-50. I think replicas of that might be worthwhile and have been meaning to buy one myself. Picture of the genuine watch attached.

Seamaster has many models and a long history, I have a few genuine versions. I assume you mean the Planet Ocean, which has very good replicas available and can be made virtually indistinguishable with a few parts, such as helium valve and bezel insert. If you mean the Professional, then the so called closed factory was the best. Yes, they are called the closed factory, because they closed and you would have to find a member to member sale of a used one. I'm not really the best expert on replica Omega, everything I know is from reading threads in the omega section.

IMG_3989.JPG

Yes buddy, I have been searching on Internet about replicas of the watch that I want to buy (http://www.omegawatches.com/baselworld-2015/en#!aquaterra-jamesbond)

I found this image of dealers:

GEN

GEN.png

Dealer 1 (V6F Factory)

Dealer1.png

Dealer 2 (JF Factory)

Dealer2.png

At first sight I could see the next:

- the size of two dials (minutes, second) in the dealer 2 is not like the GEN, in the dealer 1 it have the same size like the GEN.

- the space to see the date: dealer 2 has the same position like the GEN, dealer 1 is almost in the middle.

- both of them use Miyota 8215.

As you can see every watch has one similarity like the GEN, I'm seeing this is the way like it works.

Do you have any recommendation about that?

Sorry, I can't really help you with that model, I know precisely nothing about them. However you seem to be working on the right lines comparing pictures. Decide what you can live with and what you can change. Omega parts are getting harder to source, but still easy and cheap compared to some other brands. The 1120 Omega movement was basically an ETA 2892 movement. Omega developed this into the 2500 and then added George Daniels co-axial escapement to become the 8500. If you feel inclined to modify your watch a genuine dial and hands with a 2892 movement would be about as good as it gets.

As ever, how far you want to go and how much you want to spend is up to you. Some of us feel 250 Dollars is enough for a rep, some of us are in for several thousand. There is no right answer, only the one that makes you happy.