When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

San Francisco/bay Area Seller?

morgan123

Hi, I just got back from Thailand with a couple watches of rather poor quality and I'm looking to upgrade. The pictures all look good on the internet, and everyone's saying every one else is a scammer? so I'd really just rather be able to see them in person.

I live in san francisco and I'm looking for Omega Seamaster/Speedmaster or Tag Link watches. 2nd hand is ok too.

Thanks!

Hi, I just got back from Thailand with a couple watches of rather poor quality and I'm looking to upgrade. The pictures all look good on the internet, and everyone's saying every one else is a scammer? so I'd really just rather be able to see them in person.

I live in san francisco and I'm looking for Omega Seamaster/Speedmaster or Tag Link watches. 2nd hand is ok too.

Thanks!

I live in San Francisco too - no sellers here though that I am aware of

Thanks!

i don't think you have done nearly enough reading here ;)

everyone is not a scammer. far from it. there are a number of great dealers here!!!

first join (i don't think you can see the dealers sections until you are a member). then read the reviews of the models you are interested in. our own by-tor has produced magazine quality reviews of all the omega and the tag link chronos. and you can use the search function to find others opinions and photos of the same watches from the various dealers. then read the dealer feedback sections. then buy what you like.

unfortunately there is no one in northern california except those craigslist rip off artists selling reps.

I was so overwhelmed with all the sites I was looking at yesterday I didn't even read any of the posts before I posted mine (something I try not to do at new forms!)

Anyway, after only reading for 10 min or so, I'm confident Andrew or josh will be able to sell me exactly what I'm looking for!

I think this company bestswiss.com is trying to sell the same watches for $850. At least the pictures look the same. Anyone know? I've attached a picture from bestswiss.com

post-4671-1168438549_thumb.jpg

I was so overwhelmed with all the sites I was looking at yesterday I didn't even read any of the posts before I posted mine (something I try not to do at new forms!)

Anyway, after only reading for 10 min or so, I'm confident Andrew or josh will be able to sell me exactly what I'm looking for!

I think this company bestswiss.com is trying to sell the same watches for $850. At least the pictures look the same. Anyone know? I've attached a picture from bestswiss.com

IMO Andrew and josh are the best of the best

go for it and you wont be disapointed

there has also been some talk about having a get together in SF sometime in jan or feb and that would be a great opportunity to meet fellow forumers and see lots and lots of reps :D

That would be fun, I could bring my Thai reps... For "worst in class" of course, although probably better not. I'm sure you've all seen bad reps before.

My one other question though is that some of the automatic reps ($60 versions) I tried on had uncomfortable spinning/winding sensations when you walked... I could feel the watch winding when I walked and it was very irritation. This of course won't happen with a Swiss ETA & Valjoux version right? And I imagine the original watches don't do this but I never wore one?

Thanks!

You've found the right place!! Check out the dealers section and feedback sections. Many of these dealers have been around for years and are tried, true, and stand behind their sales with post-sale support.

Read up.

My one other question though is that some of the automatic reps ($60 versions) I tried on had uncomfortable spinning/winding sensations when you walked... I could feel the watch winding when I walked and it was very irritation. This of course won't happen with a Swiss ETA & Valjoux version right? And I imagine the original watches don't do this but I never wore one?

ETA 2824 and 2836 based watches don't exhibit this - or at least none of mine do. But my ETA 7753 does - and I love it. That rotor will get spinning so fast sometimes that it'll almost tear my arm off!!! Hehehe, seriously.

ETA 2824 and 2836 based watches don't exhibit this

What about Asia 7750 Valjoux Working Chronograph movement?

The watch I just ordered from Josh, Tag Link Chronograph SS Black has Asia 7750, and the one I plan to buy next, Omega Seamaster 300m Professional Chrono SS Blue uses the same movement as well.

I went to Macy's yesterday to try both originals on and I didn't feel the winding at all. They felt, looked great. If the reps are the same I'll be very happy.

I guess I'll find out soon enough though because the Tag is in the mail by now.

• 2 weeks later...