When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Help

Romp

Hey guys,

Ive been skimming thru this forum for weeks now and have been searching for a Panerai ideal for myself. However, because there are so many and alot seem to be manual Im not sure which are the better ones to get.

Out of the automatic (not manual wind) swiss ETA Pams - which are the best reps? preferably 40-44mm range.

Thanks guys - and photos would be awesome too.

just curious, any reason you have an aversion to manual wind versions? :g:

i don't know too much about panerai automatics, but the pam 063 gmt is popular. with some modding (primarily new cyclops & datewheel), it has the potential to be a 99% rep. i don't know that i would suggest it as your first pam though.

if you're willing to consider manual wind versions, most people find a 111h or 112h is a good place to start. take a look in the panerai photo gallery section -- there are tons of great pictures of all the different versions.

i must warn you -- pams are addicting -- pretty soon you'll find yourself with a 063, 111h, 112h, 183h, 187 and 217 :whistling:

hope this helps.

dt

Hey guys,

Ive been skimming thru this forum for weeks now and have been searching for a Panerai ideal for myself. However, because there are so many and alot seem to be manual Im not sure which are the better ones to get.

Out of the automatic (not manual wind) swiss ETA Pams - which are the best reps? preferably 40-44mm range.

Hey guys,

joshua's 40mm pam 48-49-50-51 use the newest asian 7750 and are really very, very good reps. with no chrono functions to complicate things they also seem to be accurate and reliable :)

joshua's 40mm pam 48-49-50-51 use the newest asian 7750 and are really very, very good reps. with no chrono functions to complicate things they also seem to be accurate and reliable :)

Thanks guys - exactly the info im interested in.

I dunno about manual wind - ive never had one so I guess would take some getting use to

Im guessing you need to wind it each day?

the power reserve varies for different watches, but most of my pams have a power reserve of about 40ish hours (nearly two days worth). i actually enjoy winding my watches.

Thanks guys - exactly the info im interested in.

I dunno about manual wind - ive never had one so I guess would take some getting use to

Im guessing you need to wind it each day?