When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franck Muller Conquistador

Tombstone0

They all have the same case-design, the differences are the measures .

The 8005 SC is the biggest watch (avail. Rep) 33x49mm without lugs

Concerning the dials you better look on Pauls site, he has pics of all 3 models.

I`m also searching for the best offer for a 8005SC and I guess I found it.

If interested >>PM me.

Regards

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the 2892 silver face model.

The numbers are luminescent. It's not super lume, but it's better than my panerai's. It's probably standard type luminova.

I don't know how to tell if the caseback is etched or engraved. I will tell you this. I compared it to the genuine and the case back and engraving/etching are of similar quality. I didn't pull mine out and look at them side by side, but it was in my pocket when I was at the dealer.

I have had the watch for a couple of months and wear it about once a week. In terms of reliability, it's been fine so far. Winding the crown is the smoothest of any rep. I've had. There is definetly a difference between this 2892 and the 2836 and 2824 reps I've handled.

The rep. isn't perfect b/c the crown is slightly smaller and the seconds hand has to much paint at the tip. On the gen, only the tip is painted. On the rep, the tip and 1-2 mm of the shaft are painted. Since

Frank Muller's are extraordinarily rare, this doesn't bother me. I only have a couple of friends who have even heard of it. I would guestimate the quality of this watch to be about 95% of the gen. If you like Frank Muller, get this watch. It is awesome. I would have no qualms wearing it into a Patek or Rolex dealer b/c the quality is that good. I haven't opened that back, but even the rotor is supposed to be correctly engraved.

I've worn my silver dial into a Rolex, Breitling, IWC dealer here in town and the salespeople all fawned over it. If I ever send it to Joe for work I'll have him fix the sweep. Until then I agree it's an awesome rep as is. And it does wind smoother than any rep I own and runs between +3/4 seconds a day :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I was watchin the Bristish Apprentice last night, and saw some guy flashing around what looked to be the FM Conquistador. You could tell he was proud of it...gave it to one of the contestents and they had to try and pitch a sale for it...just so it got loads of camera time!!

V.nice watch,

Jon

Guest avitt

Coincidentally, I recently ordered a Conquistador from Paul. Instead of the 8005SC (with the 2892 movement), he shipped me the 8001 (with 2824) by mistake. When I notified him, he sent me the correct version. Before I returned the 8001, I snapped a couple of side-by-sides that I thought you might like to see. (The 8005 is on the left, and on top in the photos):

41977-37962.jpg

41977-37963.jpg

41977-37964.jpg

41977-37965.jpg

The cases have almost identical dimensions, but the shape is not exactly the same. The case backs are similar...the engraving is slightly different. The bracelet on the 8005 seems to be more precisely made. You can see the difference in the crowns and the dial treatments. THe price difference is $80.

The bracelet on the 2824 model is awfull. I have that version and had to swap it out for a strap b/c the screws all get loose. They need loctite. I didn't need loctitie on the 2892 new version. I believe the 8001 is an older model. The new dial is so much better. Notice the lack of lume on the 8001.

thedoctor

How close is the blue color on the hands to the original?

As I can see it is pretty easy to get rid of too much red color on the seconds in the black dial version as the seconds hand is of steel.

could this type of modding be posssible with the silver face model?

Guest avitt
avitt

I thought 8005 was supposed to be bigger than 8001

or am I confusing it with 8005 King version?

You're probably thinking of the King. I measured both cases with a micrometer, and they were within 0.1mm.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod

I really am starting to like the FM Conquistador, we need some wrist shots. I really like the one josh has with the roman numerals and black face. is this a real model, how accurate are the FM's

Is king 2892 conquistador the same as Josh's? Appears to be the same but I can't tell about the bracelet and small details?

Anybody who has king's version has some infos and pics? thanks

I'd also like to get my hands on the box:

http://www.etaworldgoods.com/franck3b.jpg

I would be surprised if it is not the same.

From my experience, both of them sell watches from the same factory.

Joshua does seem to have other sources as well.

Anyway, I have the rep from King.

And we could do a comparison to the Joshua's version.

Edited by eLiNK

• 2 weeks later...

Check out this box and certificate from ioffer, $180. The pics are gen, but not sure if this would be the one you are getting though. Also ignor the fact that the guy is trying to sell the watch for $900 =)

BTW, whats the serial number of your watch? I've seen a couple of different ones already on this rep, but want to know if they use the same serials for all watches or not? Mine is 6309.

Cheers

http://www.ioffer.com/i/Franck-Muller-conq...-silver-8209732

Check out this box and certificate from ioffer, $180. The pics are gen, but not sure if this would be the one you are getting though. Also ignor the fact that the guy is trying to sell the watch for $900 =)

BTW, whats the serial number of your watch? I've seen a couple of different ones already on this rep, but want to know if they use the same serials for all watches or not? Mine is 6309.

Cheers

http://www.ioffer.com/i/Franck-Muller-conq...-silver-8209732

Somehow, I've got the impression that the serial numbers on the rep are unique or there are many rep producers having come with the rep.

Have seen 6 reps so far and all of them had a different serial number.