When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My New Pam239 Collapsed Overnite

shultz

Arrrgh :black_eye:

yesterday I wrote a little review and posted some pics of my new toy. I received it about 36 hours ago and when I put it on yesterday it was running in C.O.S.C. quality. When I woke up this morning I was happy to wear my new 239 for the weekend. But GOSH what has happened overnite? The mvt. went 11 minutes slow!!! :o I corrected the time and had breakfast together with my family. It took about one hour. In the meantime the watch was running slow 1:30 min. again :thumbdown:

I tried to correct the time again but then the crown stem slipped through several times.

I wrote an email to the seller (who is one of the trusted guys here and I often ordered from him). I asked for sending me another item. I hope he will do so because I was that happy with the 239 first that I ordered (and paid) a second one for my son yesterday. I hope he will get me two nice working watches asap, we will see.....

I will keep you informed how the story ends......

But first enjoy a couple of further pics:

182159-6955.jpg

182159-6956.jpg

182159-6957.jpg

182159-6958.jpg

Cross your fingers that the story will come to a good end....

Just received an email from the seller: He will send out another one on monday. As said before: He is one of the trusted guys here. Nevertheless it is a pity because any waiting time for a new watch is a hard time for a collector :rolleyes: and when the new baby finally arrives it isn't funny to figure out issues....

Anyway: I am waiting for the new one and hope that it will work fine.

Just received an email from the seller: He will send out another one on monday. As said before: He is one of the trusted guys here. Nevertheless it is a pity because any waiting time for a new watch is a hard time for a collector :rolleyes: and when the new baby finally arrives it isn't funny to figure out issues....

Anyway: I am waiting for the new one and hope that it will work fine.

What kind of movement does it have? Is it Swiss made or Chinese?

Buying counterfited stuff is a risk. Big risk. Be ready to pay price for it my friende

I am not an expert,m but if I am buying a rep watch with for example a Swiss ETA/Unita 6497, isnt it then the same movement as in other regular Swiss brands using the same movement such as Tissot, Panerai etc given they have not modified it of course?

I have just bought my first rep watch, a Pam 111, and one of the logics behind my choice was its simplicity. There are so many nice reps but then I thought that the more complex it gets (screw crown, moving bezel, chrono, etc) , the more can go wrong and it is I guess also rather complicated to have it repaired due to lack of spare parts and the fact that some watchmakers dont want to deal with fakes.

So I thought I should go for one on which almost nothing can go wrong and which has a simple (manual non chrono) and rock solid Swiss movement. I then ended up with two watches on my short list, the Pam 111 (or base but I prefer with second arm) and a IWC FJ Jones. From my limited experince I thought not much can go wrong on a watch like that, especially not the IWC since it uses regular spring bars. I got my watch last week and it works perfectly and keeps time as good as my gen Rolexes. I must say I am very impressed with the quality and I dont see that anything can be broken or worn out on this watch. My only concern is that one day I will have to get new screws replacing the screwed spring bars but I guess that will not be needed for many many years considering how robust they seem to be. The ETA 6497 seems to be a very simple movement can probably be repaired by any watchmaker using standard parts.

On mine, the movement is rock solid. It is the crown stem lever that is slipping I expect.

Unfortunately not on my 239 :thumbdown: When I checked time yesterday again and again I figured out something very strange (which of course is an indicator to me that the mvt. is simply defect!): After loosing time suddenly it went too fast. i corrected it and two hours later the same effect. Last correction late nite. Today in the morning it went 3 (!) hours late. Will send that scrab back and that's it!

i don´t understand your opinion???

what is demaged? The movement or the crown?

a crown or else is a easy fix???

Why you send your watch back?

if all customers send his watches for a refund about a simple mistake... so we must refund 80% of all Reps.

this is not the correct way... if all customer do this, we must pay 30% more in future for all reps.

i´ll try to repair the watch. And if i (or a watchsmith) can´t fix it... i will send it back.

Why you send your watch back?

this is not the correct way...

The crown stem is an easy fix. But it is definitely the mvt. which is down. That isn't an easy ride. The seller (with whom I am quite familiar) offered me to send another one which makes him one of my favourites here. So what is incorrect?

Does the 239 have two different versions like the 243 does. I was very surprised at the difference in quality on that one.

I would like to know this as well. I was surprised with the lack of quality of the finish between the lugs on the 239. :thumbdown:

The crown stem is an easy fix. But it is definitely the mvt. which is down. That isn't an easy ride. The seller (with whom I am quite familiar) offered me to send another one which makes him one of my favourites here. So what is incorrect?

that is ok!

if all customers send his watches for a refund about a simple mistake... so we must refund 80% of all Reps.

this is not the correct way... if all customer do this, we must pay 30% more in future for all reps.

i´ll try to repair the watch. And if i (or a watchsmith) can´t fix it... i will send it back.

I am new to the world of reps and have only bought one, a pam 111 but will probably buy a few more in the future. But are you serious when you say that 80% of all reps have a problem requiring a watch smith to be repaired? Does that mean that I can only expect 1 out of 5 watches to work reasonably well when I order them?