When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Rolex

ziax

I'm going to do some mods to the ARF Rolex Datejust 36mm what I'm going to do

Gen Dial

Gen Date Wheel

Gen White Gold Bezel

Gen Crystal

Brushing and polishing to Gen Spec

If I get all this done this would mean it could be a 1:1 Replica right? or seriously close (In outside looks not inside Movement)

I know people are going to say there's no point in the bezel but I want it to be as close as possible! (I don't know if a genuine bezel would fit if anyone can tell me that would be loads of help!)

Thanks I look forward to your replies and thoughts!

Kind Regards

Freddie :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freddie,

If you do the above, (or you do not with today's reps), it is going to look gen visually on the wrist. 

Remember that most "flaws" and "tells" in rep watches are spotted during static pictures in the forum, magnified many times over the actual size of the watch dial.

You will learn that eventually, you will be the harshest and most consistent critic of your own watch in this hobby. 

And as long as you are happy with it, that is all that will really matter.

Freddie,

If you do the above, (or you do not with today's reps), it is going to look gen visually on the wrist. 
Remember that most "flaws" and "tells" in rep watches are spotted during static pictures in the forum, magnified many times over the actual size of the watch dial.
You will learn that eventually, you will be the harshest and most consistent critic of your own watch in this hobby. 
And as long as you are happy with it, that is all that will really matter.

Hi Legend

Thanks for that I'm always think "oh no what if I buy it and someone spots it's a rep" I guess I didn't look at it that way with the magnification I must have just got caught up in reading what people have done to there watch it actually would save me a lot of money to keep it stock could buy 2 reps actually!

Thanks you Legend!

Kind Regards
Freddie

4 minutes ago, ziax said:

Hi Legend

Thanks for that I'm always think "oh no what if I buy it and someone spots it's a rep" I guess I didn't look at it that way with the magnification I must have just got caught up in reading what people have done to there watch it actually would save me a lot of money to keep it stock could buy 2 reps actually!

Thanks you Legend!

Kind Regards
Freddie

No worries Freddie that is what this forum is for!

Personally, if you can get a gen dial, crystal and datewheel, do so, but otherwise, don't worry too much about it. We tend to obsess over details we notice and assume that others will notice them too, but like I said, we often are the harshest and worst critics of our own watches. 

There is a measure of satisfaction buying a stock watch and modding it to your own satisfaction over time. That is a salient part of what this hobby is about and it boils down to this question ultimately: What do YOU really want in your watch? The decisions and actions you take depend most often on the answer.

No worries Freddie that is what this forum is for!
Personally, if you can get a gen dial, crystal and datewheel, do so, but otherwise, don't worry too much about it. We tend to obsess over details we notice and assume that others will notice them too, but like I said, we often are the harshest and worst critics of our own watches. 
There is a measure of satisfaction buying a stock watch and modding it to your own satisfaction over time. That is a salient part of what this hobby is about and it boils down to this question ultimately: What do YOU really want in your watch? The decisions and actions you take depend most often on the answer.

I think I'll get it serviced and keep it stock for now if the parts come up cheap I may pick them up but I am in no rush to get them now I'm going to enjoy the watch as it is.

Well I must go to bed now as it is 3:07 AM and must be up at 7:30 AM lol loved the help guys!

Cheers

Kind Regards
Freddie