When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Speedmaster replica issue with stem???

Timelord

I am not sure if this post should be in the omega section of forum, but it is more of a technical issue!

I purchased an Omega speedmaster manual wind from Silik a couple of years ago (OMES019 ).  Great watch which is nicely done and a beautifully decorated movement that can be seen easily from the back sapphire crystal.  I believe it is slightly smaller than the genuine but still a nice watch!!!  

I have recently had issues with the stem popping out and will not stay in place for me to wind or to set the time.  It keeps time as accurate as any other mechanical watch but  I have absolutely no idea what the module is it but I suspect it is an Asian clone of a Lemania of some kind.  I am very disappointed as my watchmaker who is ok to deal with regarding replicas told me that it cannot be fixed because of the set up and it is quite common as it was not the first he has seen with this problem.. 

My question is for anyone that has this type of model, is there a remedy for this apart from replacing the module or is there a better module which I can replace it with and minimize this problem from reoccurring.??????  I am very disappointed as it is a nice timepiece and I really would like to resolve this issue??

Good Question!!!!!

I remember having an identical issue with mine.  It worked really well and was incredibly accurate for an Asian contribution, but a few months later when I went to pull out the crown to set the time for day light saving, it came out completely.   I could never put it back in and was also very frustrated that it was the end of the watch as my watchmaker said it could not be repaired!!!  I am not very savvy with chronograph modules and until this day, I still do not know why it could not be repaired???:bangin: Possibly it could have been fixed but pulling apart half the movement on a cheap chronograph would mostly over ride the replacement of the movement itself!!!!!  Who knows??  The very reason I wasn't really appealed with the new fully functioning Noob 116520, especially where quality issues are a concern like with this one!!!  It would be nice to get a better quality clone or perhaps any substitute that would be a direct fit. 

I do not know what the best solution would be here?  Others with more experience with this can chime in?????  It would also be interesting to know just out of curiosity if a genuine Lemania movement found in the original speedmaster would fit into this straight plug and play~~~???? 

It is a shame as it is a 316L stainless steel with nice front and rear crystal which looks very appealing!!!

Edited by horologist