When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Update: Point Out The Flaws On The Following Pam´s

olreon

hello,

new post,

seems like the pam064 and pam243 have some flaws that are not fixable! what´s with the pam024. is this one flawless besides the weak datefond, and what is with the Unidirectional 12 click Rotating Bezel , is this right for this one or should it be a Unidirectional 60 click Rotating Bezel ?

185224-6199.jpg

185224-6200.jpg

old post,

just wanted to know what are the flaws on these reps. i know the datefond isn´t right but what are the other flaws???? thnks in advace for yor help!

pam243

185224-6201.jpg

185224-6202.jpg

pam064

185224-6203.jpg

185224-6204.jpg

thanks

Both - Date font and cyclops (as always)

64 - Hash marks on the bezel should extend beyond the numbers. Don't own it so no other comments.

243 - CG is a little off. The "hole" is too big. Make sure you buy the later version, if you go that way, as it has proper engaved He valve and 60 click bezel unlike the other version. I also have never been able to discern whether the markers on the bezel should be polished.

In the gen, the bezel has polished edges (hard to tell from your pics but they seem brushed).

The sides are polished beautifully on the second generation 243. The first generation 243 is roughly finished on the sides. The pics above are of the first generation.

Do you mean rep generation, kruzer?

As for gen, according to my catalogues there has been only the 'I' generation (2006) so far...

I would say that WAY to big is an exageration. Perhaps a little too big would be more accurate. Regardless - it is the best pam sub out there at the moment.

didn't mean to trash your 243 the slightest bit - it is lovely and I agree to it being the best PAM sub right now - for me the markers are way too big whenever you see it at first glance - they would be a little too big if I would have to look twice - but that's just me - peace :victory:

I forgot to add that the version of the 243 you are showing above is the earlier version.

Namor-

It may be ugly but put one on. It ain't coming off. ;)

kruzer00:

I'm sure you're absolutely right - I said the same about the 127, 217, MM20 and similar 47mm models

some times ago - unfortunately I had the possibility to put some on borrowed from a friend of mine.

Well, yeah - now I own several of them, they're just lovely little monsters...

:lol:

:thumbsupsmileyanim: They are addictive.

And the unfixable flaw on the 24 is the rings around the hour markers in addition to the polished bezel (although there is a pic of a 24A without polish on La Cote).

the rings around the hour markers are ok. this dial version exists. the only doubt i have is "is the genuine bezel only a 12 click bezel or a 60 click bezel? hmmm????

it would be nice if someone could answer this questin....

best wishes

olreon

the rings around the hour markers are ok. this dial version exists. the only doubt i have is "is the genuine bezel only a 12 click bezel or a 60 click bezel? hmmm????

it would be nice if someone could answer this questin....

best wishes

olreon

This is the 24a that you are talking about and showing photos of and the 12 clicks are correct.

However, the bezzel SHOULD be polished and the silver rings shoud NOT be on the 24a. There is a 24 with rings on the markers but it is not the A series.

The rings on the markers is correct only on the version with the bezzel with the hash marks from top to 15min.

The 24a should be polished bezzel with no hash marks and the indexes should have no rings.

I hope this makes sense. The 24a version is very nice but it is not correct. I have one and I have a 243 (187 as well) the 24a and the 243 are a great pair. I would actualy say that the 243 is a little more correct the the 24a.

Edited by Cucumber_Jones