When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Joshua's Classic Sub

x86uops

This is classic in that it isn't the 2006 CN case that everyone is now carrying- TTK, EL, Paul, TWG and even Josh's Beginmariner. The cyclops and date window on the classic are too far to the right and a lot of the other dealers also have this model. I would suspect its days are numbered, just like the old cases w/ lug holes and the much sought after TW classic case w/ lug holes and deep rehaut.

I supposed if I were looking for a "classic" sub with lug holes, the only option is either mbw or twn best, is this correct? Outside of the 1680 series, can either the mbw or the twn best sub with lug holes still be purchased? I remember reading that mbw's out of the box are not too accurate and the twn best are now out of production.

Thanks again.

I supposed if I were looking for a "classic" sub with lug holes, the only option is either mbw or twn best, is this correct? Outside of the 1680 series, can either the mbw or the twn best sub with lug holes still be purchased? I remember reading that mbw's out of the box are not too accurate and the twn best are now out of production.

Thanks again.

Ufortunately, the deep and massive TW best case (which had the side case holes) has been out of production for sometime. The case was also used in the MBW. I'm not sure which case MBW currently uses but it is not the same.

The only way to source the old TW case is to find a forum member that would part with theirs. Easier said than done. :(

Both the old TW & MBW may have been inaccurate out of the box (specially the dial) but damn, that case was good. B)

Ufortunately, the deep and massive TW best case (which had the side case holes) has been out of production for sometime. The case was also used in the MBW. I'm not sure which case MBW currently uses but it is not the same.

The only way to source the old TW case is to find a forum member that would part with theirs. Easier said than done. :(

Both the old TW & MBW may have been inaccurate out of the box (specially the dial) but damn, that case was good. B)

I'd add that the currently available MBW 16610 case is nothing to shake a stick at. I could certainly live with it, anyhow. :)

Thanks for the responses guys. I am learning more and more each day.

Just a quick follow-up question: if I were to build a frankensub, and assuming I were able to source both the mbw sub (not the 1680) with lug holes or the twn best sub also with lug holes, which one would you choose (and why), MBW or Twn Best? Also note that I don't really have a lot of money to spend on mods, but I am willing to do most of the mods myself. The key I guess is which of these reps can take either gen or aftermarket parts with little or no mods. Thanks again...

Thanks for the responses guys. I am learning more and more each day.

Just a quick follow-up question: if I were to build a frankensub, and assuming I were able to source both the mbw sub (not the 1680) with lug holes or the twn best sub also with lug holes, which one would you choose (and why), MBW or Twn Best? Also note that I don't really have a lot of money to spend on mods, but I am willing to do most of the mods myself. The key I guess is which of these reps can take either gen or aftermarket parts with little or no mods. Thanks again...

You couldn't go wrong either way. I'd be glad to take the one you don't take. :)