When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Latest Speedmaster Professional Moon Watch Reps

Tagger

Hi Guys

Just switched over from Replica watch guide. Guess all the action is over here. But I will miss Highlying clive and his comments..

I have been searching for a decent rep of the moonwatch with little success. I was hoping to just order through Josh ( as I have had a decent experience with him) but his version of the moonwatch has a FLAT crystal (wich Omega claims was never available in gen) and measures 2mm less in diameter than gen ( Omega spec case 42 mm versus rep at 40mm). It appears that some of our other reputable dealers also have the watch in a similar diameter and flat saphire crystal. Communicating with EL , he told me not to buy his watch since it was not very good!! He claimed the plastic domed crystal would break/fall off and create replacement problems. I have also seen several posts here where members have questioned the size and received a cross between a REDUCED size and moon watch face ( with sub dial appearing correct).

It appears that at some time last year proper sized reps were out there. So if anybody would care to share if these can still be had...I would be most grateful. What has happened to trustytimes web site?

Also my search for used and new Speedmaster pro moon watch has shown that they can be had for about $1000 used(less than 10years old) and $2500 Amazon.com ( or a little less for gray market). Considering I will probably have to pay 25 % of used price for a rep should I bite the bullet and buy used ?

Thanks for your input.

Hi Guys

Just switched over from Replica watch guide. Guess all the action is over here. But I will miss Highlying clive and his comments..

I have been searching for a decent rep of the moonwatch with little success. I was hoping to just order through Josh ( as I have had a decent experience with him) but his version of the moonwatch has a FLAT crystal (wich Omega claims was never available in gen) and measures 2mm less in diameter than gen ( Omega spec case 42 mm versus rep at 40mm). It appears that some of our other reputable dealers also have the watch in a similar diameter and flat saphire crystal. Communicating with EL , he told me not to buy his watch since it was not very good!! He claimed the plastic domed crystal would break/fall off and create replacement problems. I have also seen several posts here where members have questioned the size and received a cross between a REDUCED size and moon watch face ( with sub dial appearing correct).

It appears that at some time last year proper sized reps were out there. So if anybody would care to share if these can still be had...I would be most grateful. What has happened to trustytimes web site?

Also my search for used and new Speedmaster pro moon watch has shown that they can be had for about $1000 used(less than 10years old) and $2500 Amazon.com ( or a little less for gray market). Considering I will probably have to pay 25 % of used price for a rep should I bite the bullet and buy used ?

Thanks for your input.

Welcome over here!

I would buy a used one since non of the reps are coming close

I would buy a used one since non of the reps are coming close

I've asked around and a few dealers may be able to get this one on special order (Precious Time, for instance) but as it is discontinued and would require a wait.

You may well be better off snapping up a second-hand one.