When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Am Soooooooo Stoked!

longshot

first my black (the right choice!) 45mm ultimate p.o. arrived this week. it's plus 4 seconds since thursday afternoon and actually fits my small wrist well. everything that everyone says about this rep is correct. on mine the 6:00 marker is a tiny bit off but not nearly enough to send it back to my dealer ;)

since i'm not a really huge omega fan i figured this one would do it for me. i've had a gen and 4 reps and this seemed like it would do it.

then yesterday by pure dumb luck i scored a legendary closed factory black SMP from a member here :bounce:

i don't really like the blue SMP's (that's why i sold my gen) and i had the new black SMP but the one i had had some issues and had to go back to my dealer so i figured my only shot at ever having the black was a gen.

yippee!!!!!!!!

it needs a new insert and i've already ordered one of the 'bay (gen bezels at frei are a big ouch! and does not have the bracelet. but is coming with a di model waterproof chronissimo in black with white stitching that is a perfect compliment to the watch. i may contact one of our dealers about the 20m rubber p.o. strap to see if it will fit or shop for a black shark with white stitching so i can use one of the deployments i have laying around.

it's not even in the mail yet and i already can't wait :thumbsupsmileyanim:

pictures of my ultimate p.o. and it's cooler older brother to come later in the week...

@ longshot

Hate to say this, but that aint from the closed factory, reasons why?

1. The pearl is nothing like the old factory model.

2. The date font on the old model was the same as the genuine - from your pics, thats the wrong date font.

3. The crown doesn't look like the old factory either.

So unless the seller has changed out all the good parts and replaced them with mediocre parts, that isn't from the old closed factory. And when i say old closed factory, i'm talking about the legendary ones that are almost identical to the real thing, which also has a 8 digit serial near the lug.

Update us, I hope i'm wrong, but i'm pretty good with Omegas and i know the quality of the old legendary factory models.

MB,.. with all due respect, you are partially correct on this one...unless

the seller who sold it to me is wrong...

This watch is close to three years old,.. though I have owned it for close to that,...

I don't know how long you have been around,..unless you have changed your name,...

has it been that long ?

You are correct about the pearl.. it came from a rolex ...

Regardless, the insert needs to be changed ... Longshot knows this...

However the crown is how these models, at least some of them, came,..

though some members switched them out with gen,..

I just never followed through...

As for the date font,... who can say if they all came the same...?

If you can show me any other lines, from that time period that came with

correct valve placement, dial, hands, and even movements that were decorated

to mimic the genuine,.. including the markings of 1120 on the rotor,..which were not 'old factory',..

then I will change my add,...no sweat,..

@ Richard Tracy

Firstly, I want to make it clear that i'm not here to pick a fight. This transaction is between you and longshot, it really shouldn't be any of my business. However, the watch that you have advertised "from the old closed factory" isn't quite right. I think longshot and the rest of us who have read this thread believe that the watch is from the 'LEGENDARY CLOSED FACTORY" where the watch is pretty much identical. Before i go any further, if you can tell us all that this watch is maybe from a recent closed factory (because the SMP sold now all have short hands), then i will withdraw what i'm stated and I will apologise for causing such drama.

However, if you still insist that it is from the Legendary closed factory, then you should read on.

I have attached 3 photos of legendary closed factory Black SMP. These pictures are from Palpatine from the old RWG. Notice the SERIAL on the backcase, I have gotten a picture of yours:

187084-5633.jpg

Notice the crown is different, I know Palpatine hasn't changed the crown out because its still externally threaded, which means its the rep crown.

One more thing, these legendary SMPs had ETA 2892 or copy 2892 in them, not 2824.

And with regards to how i know so much about your watch, its because i got the same model - my black SMP was based off model as yours.

by the way, I've been around a long time - you can look me up on the old RWG - look at my joining day and look at your joining day - surprised?

anyway, I don't mean any harm, just doing what the forum does best, informing members of watches. Please let me know if i'm mistaken with anything.

post-173-1169432635_thumb.jpg

post-173-1169432653_thumb.jpg

post-173-1169432667_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marrickvilleboy

MB,.. my original name at old rwg was Jojidoman,.. DT came much, much later during an time period where

I formatted my password and I could not access my old profile, and Blade did not respond to my assistance

requests...

Regarding the smp however, the hands were only one issue, and a minor one,.. the real deal was the

case with the correct valve placement,..and according to my recollection, the old factory is the only

factory which placed the valve in the right spot..

There may be two different versions,..however know that many of those with my version

who by the way also called theirs 'old factory',... replaced their crowns, because I was pointed

to the source and found the price to be not worth the effort,..

Lastly if you can call this model recent, though it is years old... then I will withdraw my offer and refund

the buyer....

Well Paul and King are still offering the Black SMP with the correct Helium release valve. The black SMP has pretty much always had the HEV in the correct place - its only the blue SMP that has it right on 10 o clock.

Like i said, its between you and longshot, its up to him whether he feels that the watch has been advertised correctly. I feel that longshot will have his own judgements on this situation so i'll stop posting in this thread now.

btw, length on the board and post counts means nothing to me, I run a entire search from the time the forum started to try and know everything there is to know about a certain model - thats why i've been so persistent on this topic, with no disrepect to you of course.

Still ??

Years ago all models sold then besides the old factory,.. as far as I know had incorrect valves

at 10,... and short hands....

Thus,.. the only way you would be right.. is if I had purchased a new model and replaced the hands,... :whistling:

I know you would never suggest such a thing...

Soo....

Either you have a modded model,.. or there were more than one version... In either case,..

you are going off of fragmented information dug up in searches from a board that was pasted together

after a crash & slash.. while I am going from the experience of being there...