When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Gst Chrono Wallpaper

Pugwash

Sorry for repeatedly posting wallpaper shots here, but I'm trying to tighten up a few skills and I'm getting lots of photos as a side effect, hence the piles of wallpaper-sized shots I've been posting over the last few weeks. Anyway, this is a 1600x1200 shot of my Ziggified FrankenGST taken in my "Cheap-Ass Light Box" at f8 with my Panasonic DMC-FZ20. In post-production, it's all Photoshop/Noise Ninja on a PowerMac G5. The colours have been punched and lightly oversaturated and the whole photo has been finely cleaned up with the clone tool, lots of levels, curves, elliptical selections, etc.

190779-4943.jpg

click for 1600x1200

Any chance of getting a 1680x1050 res version for the widescreen LCD owners amongst us?

Nope. I'd either do 1920x1200 or 1440x900 as 1680x1050 is a silly size. :D

I've done several 1920x1200 wallpapers, but not of the GST. I'll see if I can do a 1920 for you, but it's pretty much at the limit of my camera's capabilities. Sure, it'll do 2560xWhatever, but the noise is visible at a 1:1 view, even at ISO80.

ps. This piece can be converted to 1680x by upscaling horizontally with little visible loss in quality and cropping vertically. :D