When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Demand For Decent 183 Crown And Threads

coltrim

Obviously there's a demand for decent crown and threads for 183 blackseals. How do we put pressure on dealers to get them made. How complicated can it be?

I am not expert on watch making, but wouldnt the best be to get a crown which is not of screw down type? Then one just wind the watch like a regular manual one and there will be no problem with threads being worn out. The problem is of course that it would not be waterproof, but who would use a fake 183 for diving any ways?

I am not expert on watch making, but wouldnt the best be to get a crown which is not of screw down type? Then one just wind the watch like a regular manual one and there will be no problem with threads being worn out. The problem is of course that it would not be waterproof, but who would use a fake 183 for diving any ways?

It's a shame, the watch is a quality watch. It looks great, then the crown strips. I know these are not the real deal, but you would think this could be remedied.

Has anyone stripped the Davidsen replacement tube/crown? I bought a set as a backup, but I'm wondering if the parts are actually better...

So does anyone have any ideas about how to put a little pressure on the makers/dealers. I think the 183 is the nicest watch on the planet but those darn threads.............

Hay ,,, only 8 members responded ?

I am sure that a lot of us around here had the same problem or this problem at least prohibited some of us from pulling the trigger on a 183 / 210

Come on speak out , lets encourage our dealers to do something

Cheers

...of course we need better threads.

the 183 is one of the best reps on the market. instead of this crown desaster. i haven´t worn mine since two month because of that ruined threats.

i ´d like to have a new tube and crown in an good quality. and i like to get it in germany...

for a proportionally price... otherwise i better get a complete new watch.

...of course we need better threads.

the 183 is one of the best reps on the market. instead of this crown desaster. i haven´t worn mine since two month because of that ruined threats.

i ´d like to have a new tube and crown in an good quality. and i like to get it in germany...

for a proportionally price... otherwise i better get a complete new watch.

so what about it Eddie, Davidsen, Paul, Sash, Joshua.......................? Share you thoughts with us, make a suggestion, offer an excuse, tell us to eff off,.....................

I think those guys would probably tell you that the economics are not in your favor. 80% of the 183 reps that will ever be sold have probably already been sold....From the manufacturers' points of view, there are probably bigger fish to fry.

I wanted to pull the triggier on the 183 many moons ago but the stripped crown thread issue put a swift end to that idea. <_<

I would reconsider if this were not an issue and reliable replacements were available. It's darn near impossible to have a crappy crown/thread on a manual winder.

avitt, your probably right but it would be a shame to kill an otherwise terrific rep. :thumbdown:

I think those guys would probably tell you that the economics are not in your favor. 80% of the 183 reps that will ever be sold have probably already been sold....From the manufacturers' points of view, there are probably bigger fish t

Judging from this post and many others of a similar nature, I think lots of people would buy a replacement if a decent one was available, there might be a huge response. Lots of people don't buy one due to the threads while lots more would buy a replacement if a reliable one was available