When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Scams... Or Here?

offshore

Offshore,

You're doing a really good thing, whether or not it gets appreciated or noticed. The poor sucker(s) who would have bought those reps on ebay may never know of the guardian angel who protected them, but that makes your "service" even more terrific! Well done!

I couldn't be happier to see some sorry uneducated gullible soccer-mom or soccer-dad waste their money like that on ebay.

When I hear the term soccer-mom or soccer-dad I generally associate these people with the upper-end of the middle class. Education is 'relative' and 'specific' . In their eyes your literacy may be questioned.

why?

Spend too much time chasing down "bargain" gens... repairing.... modding ( as in moderating), and working a full time job!

My interest here now, is as a source of info on the latest releases, so when I bid on "the bay", I can do so with reasonable certainty, that I am not going to get "done".

I don't beleive reps posted on the 'bay", do our/your little hobby any favours, so I report ALL duds I see in my nightly wander around the 'bay.

Others may argue that this approach doesn't really achieve anything... so be it.... but I am, and have always been a great one for research.... what better place to research... to NOT get scammed... than here.

AND, I am yet to buy a non-gen.. in over 100 'bay purchases!

In a nutshell...... horror...... I actually beleive I get better value in my bargain gens.... than I do from reps!

(Although I weaken from time to time, when I can't get the gen I really want even at 10 or 20 times the cost of the rep!)

Confusing... yes... but thats how I think!

Offshore

PS, Whilst composing this, my sniping programme jumped in to tell me I had bought a Rado Voyager @U$38 ( + $12 freight)

And it is a bloody nice clean watch, serviced, from one of my regular ebay sellers. I will either keep it in my box! or will get well over $100, IF i resell it.