When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6497 Needle Regulator Vs. 6497 Dagger Regulator

vaccum

There are different opinions about this two movents...swiss ETA, Chinese ETA, Swinese, Chiwiss and so on

So I took some pics of the 6497 "E" series to show some of the detais of the engraving, Regulators, bridges and [censored], etc..... After viewing this pics you will have a better idea of the differences between the two here we go....

Dial side

192192-4643.jpg

Needle regulator movement

192192-4644.jpg

Dagger regulator movement

192192-4645.jpg

Engraving details Needle Regulator movement

192192-4646.jpg

192192-4647.jpg

192192-4648.jpg

192192-4649.jpg

192192-4650.jpg

192192-4651.jpg

Engraving details Dagger Regulator movement

192192-4652.jpg

192192-4653.jpg

192192-4654.jpg

192192-4655.jpg

192192-4656.jpg

192192-4657.jpg

Balance Wheel and Regulator Details plus ETA stamp

192192-4658.jpg

192192-4659.jpg

192192-4660.jpg

192192-4661.jpg

192192-4662.jpg

192192-4663.jpg

Side by Side

192192-4664.jpg

192192-4665.jpg

Thanks for looking!

vaccum

it´s simple

the needle is swiss based... and the dagger is ASIA movement

look Paul on wo-mart price list. He sell the dagger one for cheap. Do you think he can sell a swiss Unitas with swan neck so cheap?

the swan neck on needle version is not working???

it´s simple

the needle is swiss based... and the dagger is ASIA movement

I don't think it's that simple. The early Unitas movements used the main plate with the [censored] (If the Asian manufacturers were going to produce a new movement from the ground up, why would they choose an older model). So I think that these are both based on a Swiss base movements, with Asian parts added.

I don't think it's that simple. The early Unitas movements used the main plate with the [censored] (If the Asian manufacturers were going to produce a new movement from the ground up, why would they choose an older model). So I think that these are both based on a Swiss base movements, with Asian parts added.

Pics? Please.

Great comparison pics. I have always been wary of the modified movements, on grounds of reliability, combined with the fact that the mods aren't totally convincing anyhow. For that reason I have concentrated on the earlier solid caseback models which are most sought after by genuine Panerai collectors. All my reps have unaltered Swiss movements and these have been totally trouble free.

However the needle version seems to be well finished. I know that there have been quality issues with some of the modifed movements but has anyone identified how many different versions of modified movements exist and which have the least problems?

Of course to have an entirely accurate movement you need the older style Incabloc anti shock device, not the newer Novodiac. The swiss based rep movement (needle type) has the Novodiac, the Chinese one (dagger type) has a replica (one presumes) of the old Incabloc.

The genuine Panerai movements use the older Incabloc type although it is slightly different to the stock ones.

Heres a link in case none of the above made any sense...

http://www.tztoolshop.com/page94.html

Of course to have an entirely accurate movement you need the older style Incabloc anti shock device, not the newer Novodiac. The swiss based rep movement (needle type) has the Novodiac, the Chinese one (dagger type) has a replica (one presumes) of the old Incabloc.

The genuine Panerai movements use the older Incabloc type although it is slightly different to the stock ones.

Heres a link in case none of the above made any sense...

http://www.tztoolshop.com/page94.html

Novodiac anti shock device are showing more and more this days.