When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Working on 2x 6538 builds

Revere

Hi everyone, long time without sharing a post about my projects here. 

I recently received 2x 6538 dials, very nice ones. Current plan is to use these in two builds, one for me and one for my father.

I'll share more details later on - probably a few months. Just a teaser share for now.

IMG-0341.jpg

• Like 4

Both of these are going to go into Ruby cases with ETA 28xx movements. I have a nice 6538 with an identical dial and gen movement but it doesn’t get much wrist time owing to the fact that the movement is delicate and I wear the crap out of my watches.

I’m working with some folks on this forum to get the dials onto ETA 28xx movements. I’ll share more details once the project is moved along further :) 

Edited by Revere
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Got my cases in from Ruby today, the engraving areas are all scratched/damaged. Super annoying... Let this be a warning for whoever orders from Ruby: the real product may vary from what you ordered. 

I checked the photo she sent prior to shipping; the casebacks are conveniently facing downwards but you can just barely see the damage between the lugs.

I told Ruby this isn't acceptable and asked whether she can replace the cases. Will update...

97165757-C18-E-4-B46-83-DE-9-A92-A3-FCE8
25302946-18-E3-415-C-8900-B047-C1-CE708-
IMG-0625.jpg

b623ea63-5de1-4304-b9e7-22323ee8911b.jpg

The "damage" did turn out to be residue placed there intentionally, presumably to not cause any customs issues, so the cases are A-OK. Ruby was prompt in responding to me and letting me know to use acetone to remove the residue. Seems I got all worked up about nothing, fortunately

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...