When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Question For Computer Experts

By-Tor

Any idea how to get this channel showing in Europe? Apparently Comcast is some kind of local American TV channel and it blocks IP addresses outside its region.

Perhaps I could connect this channel through a proxy server and "fool" the Comcast server? :blink: This might be a stupid suggestion but I don't know much about this stuff. I'm a big hockey fan and it would be nice to watch the NHL games.

Here's the site:

http://www.comcast.net/sports/nhl/hockeylive/

And this is what I get.

193653-4381.jpg

Any ideas appreciated. :)

Comcast is not a channel, but a cable company. They also provide my Internet connection, and they would like to be my phone company as well.

As for your question, I'm truly sorry, By-Tor, but I can't help you. My suggestion is to go to the NHL's own Web site and see if they have an option for streaming hockey matches outside North America. Since Comcast is just a carrier, they should not be your only option.

Thanks. Looks like I need some kind of software to use those... some of those links showed that it's indeed possible to watch those Comcast games via proxy.

See here:

http://myp2p.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6934

I just have no idea how to use a proxy server.

Check out the links they provide, then the key line is to configure IE to recognize and communicate with, or through, the proxy. As they say:

go to IE --> Extra --> internet options --> connections --> LAn Settings --> add the proxy ip there, press okay, refres comcast a couple of times and then click to load the webplayer. It won't display the error report. Try untill it works.

In my IE you go to Tools--> Internet Options--> and so on. Where it says add the proxy ip, that's the ip address, which they need to provide you. You may need to enter this under Advanced settings. And 'refres' means 'refresh' just in case you didn't catch their typo.