When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty Ultimative Sub

triosLescano

Andy presents a $ 450 submariner 2007

http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=1234

I dont know if it is a very different and very more deatailed Sub respect the best 2006 subs.

What is your idea ? Are pearl and bezel, dial and crown ecc.. really superior in quality? Has this watch a real value for money ?

Andy presents a $ 450 submariner 2007

http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=1234

I dont know if it is a very different and very more deatailed Sub respect the best 2006 subs.

What is your idea ? Are pearl and bezel, dial and crown ecc.. really superior in quality? Has this watch a real value for money ?

I've come across the similar watches, four in total from one of my customers 2 weeks ago. He brought those back from his Hong Kong, China trip. They all have the identical D320840 serial, wrong 18K 750 case back and 93288 SEL markings like Trustys pictures. Other than these minor flaws that won't affect appearance of this D serial Sub, it is an outstanding finished rep. All sharp edges (typical in Reps) are rounded off and nicely brushed and polished. Printing on dial under 10X loupe still sharp. The slightly offset crown (due to 2836) and bent spring bars still persist.

The major problem of those four I touched would be water resistance. The factory tried to resemble the new Rolex case with flat 2mm crystal without lip. That means it won't accept the Rolex factory 295C with a tall gasket like old models with pre-F serial or other 16XXXs. It utilizes a thin white grooved plastic ring that sits right above the rehaut and the case is flat. The sapphire crystal is "thumb-friendly" as far as removing. I popped all three of them by hand because they had misaligned laser crown and date for correction, and they came off fairly easy. Hence I jumped the conclusion that they might have turned without R&R by simply using suction cup type case back opener on crystal to realign the date bubble and crown. Again, I haven't tried but they might...

I hope what Trusty's selling are pressure tested and have improved gaskets/seals if they are of the same batch from the same factory.