When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Shipping Reps To Italy

panerai153

I read Mahler post below about FedEx and Italy. I have some similar questions, but I did not want to Hijack his thread, so here's mine.

I just got a couple of PM's from a fellow in Italy that wants to buy one of my watches. He is obviously using some sort of translator program and his emails are pretty hard to decipher. That not withstanding, I have heard of lots of problems shipping to Italy. I know lots of Ebay sellers will not ship there as the Italian Post Office has a very high "pilferage " rate. Lots of packages get "lost" or arrive opened and the contents missing.

Does anyone have any experiences shipping to Italy, from the USA or other countries? What shipping method would you use if you did ship. I know some Ebay selelrs will only ship FEdEx. I'm pretty reluctant to ship a replica with FedEx as they have their own customs clearing and they may scrutinize packages much closer that US Customs.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks

Arthur