When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Am I An Idiot Shipping This Stuff To Work

BMWrolex

At work I have a mailbox (along with other employees). I've ordered several watches from dealers here in the past and shipped them to my place of business. I thought the other day what the consequence would be if customs found out and sent a letter to my mailbox... Would I get fired? Would my work even know about it? Would they tell my place of business? Am I safe just shipping these things to my house?

Guest aclaimsman

I have worked for three major insurance companies here in the US and have always had the understanding that any company issued equipment, telephones, mail etc.. could be subject to inspection and or eavesdropping at anytime. Every piece of mail I ever received was opened before I received it and someone looked at it. That being said, it all depends on your companies policy as to wether you would be fired, I myself would never have anything personal sent to my work address. If you are trying to keep your watch purchases secret from your spouse :) , why not rent a PO Box close to your home or place of business. Very inexpensive and discreet! My .02

At work I have a mailbox (along with other employees). I've ordered several watches from dealers here in the past and shipped them to my place of business. I thought the other day what the consequence would be if customs found out and sent a letter to my mailbox... Would I get fired? Would my work even know about it? Would they tell my place of business? Am I safe just shipping these things to my house?

Unless you own the company - having contraband shipped to your work place is playing with fire. Maybe you won't get burned but maybe you will. Asking the question leads me to believe you understand you are taking a risk.