When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Rep's

mickyblues

I have a small wrist and my 111h (44mm) never bothered me - although people called it a "huge" watch. I have an 050 in the mail from sash that I should get tomorrow or wed (fingers crossed). It will be my first 40mm pam so I am excited to see how it looks. It is probably easier to start smaller and work your way up - I always found the 1950 (47mm) to be just too big.

I was never a fan of the 220, so I can't really add anything about its accuracy. If you go with the 050 shop around on the price, I shaved a great deal of the price for the exact same watch - Andrew has that one at a particularly high price for some odd reason compared to his other offerings. Be sure you get the 050 w/ the thinner "12" and "6" if you decide to go with it.

Hope that helps!

all of the handwind 44mm pams can be modded to be very accurate. the 40mm pams have not alot available as far as parts and straps. for you first pams steer clear the automatics and get a feel for a "historic" model with the swiss swanneck handwinder 6497. also get a model with a sandwich dial as well as these are pure classics in the panerai and will give you the most taste for the brands roots.

I have a small wrist and my 111h (44mm) never bothered me - although people called it a "huge" watch. I have an 050 in the mail from sash that I should get tomorrow or wed (fingers crossed). It will be my first 40mm pam so I am excited to see how it looks. It is probably easier to start smaller and work your way up - I always found the 1950 (47mm) to be just too big.

I was never a fan of the 220, so I can't really add anything about its accuracy. If you go with the 050 shop around on the price, I shaved a great deal of the price for the exact same watch - Andrew has that one at a particularly high price for some odd reason compared to his other offerings. Be sure you get the 050 w/ the thinner "12" and "6" if you decide to go with it.

Hope that helps!

Thinner 12 & 6? Im assuming this is more accurate to the original? Is this something I can request? I am thinking of going with the 44mm, so the PAM 220 I believe is the larger version of the 050. I mean they look exactly the same. Does the genuine PAM 220 also come with a thinner 12 & 6?