When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Guy Here With 2 Omega Questions

smalls

This is my first post so I'll start out by saying hello and thanks for all the great advice so far. First rep is on its way and i'm already looking for #2!! I'm looking at the Omegas for my next rep and was wondering if we'll be seeing any SMP's with the red writing on the dial like the new ones? Also, i'm debating on the SMP vs. the SMP chrono and was wondering if the swiss ETA on the SMP is going to last a lot longer than the valjoux 7750 on the chrono? Thanks for all the help guys.

I guess it wont be long before we will see reps of the new Seamasters with red writing, I bet it will take a month or two.

So far the Seamaster Professional replicas, both the regular and the Chronograph, are considered to be among the best reps around. Probably the basic ETA in the regular version will outlast the Asian 7750 in the Chronograph. Even though the newest asian 7750 is rather reliable in unmodified form.

Also, don't forget to consider the SMP GMT with an ETA (or Asian for that matter) movement, for that matter-- especially if you travel or have family or acquaintances in different time zones.

As for your wife, be sure to tell her about any friends who are into cars or other expensive collectibles. Next to them, a few rep watches are a fairly inexpensive indulgence. Plus, how many better quality necklaces, bracelets, and other jewelry does she own?

Cheers.