When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam111h Swan Neck Regulator

jaybee

Hi,

I don't have one but I'm thinking about getting a Pam111h with the swan neck regulator.

I was just wondering how the regulator works. How many seconds do I gain or loose by adjusting it according to the marks?

Can I access the regulator screw without dismantling the movement or is it enough just to remove the caseback?

Any help appreciated

Jaybee

Edited by jaybee

Hi,

I don't have one but I'm thinking about getting a Pam111h with the swan neck regulator.

I was just wondering how the regulator works. How many seconds do I gain or loose by adjusting it according to the marks?

Can I access the regulator screw without dismantling the movement or is it enough just to remove the caseback?

Any help appreciated

Jaybee

a swan neck regulator is more for cosmetic

Hi,

Any help appreciated

Jaybee

If you really need to adjust the watch and you want to do it correct - you have to remove the movement because you must access the screw exactly from the side.

If you really need to adjust the watch and you want to do it correct - you have to remove the movement because you must access the screw exactly from the side.

Thanks. thats really a con for the swan neck version. I can handle to open the case back but dismantling the movement seems to be quite a challenge for me. :-(

Thanks. thats really a con for the swan neck version. I can handle to open the case back but dismantling the movement seems to be quite a challenge for me. :-(

To get the movement out is actually not that difficult: once the back is open, it is two little srews holding the movement clamps; two screws holding the crownguard and one little button (careful - don't press too hard and aleways with the right tool! read howto in the howto section first to not damage the keyless works in the process) to release the stem & Crown. If you have done it once... (and have the right tools like quality screwdrivers) it no big deal....

Actually, that is one of the fun things about the rep business... I would not neccessarily do that with a gen PAM...., but a rep?

To get the movement out is actually not that difficult: once the back is open, it is two little srews holding the movement clamps; two screws holding the crownguard and one little button (careful - don't press too hard and aleways with the right tool! read howto in the howto section first to not damage the keyless works in the process) to release the stem & Crown. If you have done it once... (and have the right tools like quality screwdrivers) it no big deal....

Actually, that is one of the fun things about the rep business... I would not neccessarily do that with a gen PAM...., but a rep?

Thanks chubbchubb for the encouragement. With your hint I found the article The Zigmeisterzumbas "Removing the movement on a PAM 001 Model" in the howto section. Seems pretty straightforward but unfortunately it's all in the details.