When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bentley Gt

cd56

They may well at some point do another rep of this watch, but don't be surprised if they introduce a different flaw!

I would buy the current rep available, its very very good!

Unless you had the gen next to it you wouldn't notice. I think the pictures probably exagerate the flaw to some extent!

i purchased the GT without knowing abt this flaw

found out abt it after the watch got shipped and it totally ruined my mood

eventually the watch was siezed by customs so i opted for the bentley 30s instead

another thing i dont like about the GT is that the subdial hands dont look black like the gens

if they do fix these 2 flaws im gonna be the first to get me a blue dial GT!

mmm that large polished case on a black leather strap + deployment is going to guarantee me many many sexytime waa waa wee waa

i purchased the GT without knowing abt this flaw

found out abt it after the watch got shipped and it totally ruined my mood

eventually the watch was siezed by customs so i opted for the bentley 30s instead

another thing i dont like about the GT is that the subdial hands dont look black like the gens

if they do fix these 2 flaws im gonna be the first to get me a blue dial GT!

mmm that large polished case on a black leather strap + deployment is going to guarantee me many many sexytime waa waa wee waa

i would also be first in line for the black dial gt.i have the 48mm bentley and love it! can't wait to get the crystal back from the ar job.

cool! please post a pic of it when u get it back.if i had my bentley then id have sent for my crystal to be ARed as well.i totally love the bentley series of all the breits.unfortunately after using a 44/48mm watch u cant really use anything smaller so most other watches no longer look appealing.would love for a 6.75 rep.what color is ur dial? mine's black

199248-2094.jpg

cool! please post a pic of it when u get it back.if i had my bentley then id have sent for my crystal to be ARed as well.i totally love the bentley series of all the breits.unfortunately after using a 44/48mm watch u cant really use anything smaller so most other watches no longer look appealing.would love for a 6.75 rep.what color is ur dial? mine's black

199313-2059.jpg

mine is black too, but i also have a white face if i ever want to change it (would never try it myself!)..i also like the 6.75 where have you seen a good one? i have not been able to find one.

Guest RiverwindMDS
Does anyone know if they are evr going to fix the huge "whitewall" flaw on the bentley gt. I really love this watch but that flaw drives me crazy,other than that the watch looks awesome!

CAn someone explain me what is that flaw about?

199341-2055.jpg

Thats the genuine above, noticed the black dial, and then the 'white wall' on the outside of the dial. Notice how close the numbers are to the outside of that wall. Next is a picture of the rep, notice the slightly bigger gap.

I for one am convinced that the pictures make this look much worse than it is. I can't say for sure though as I don't own one. I can imagine when its in the scale of 44mm it really isnt that much different?

199341-2056.jpg

Edited by b16a2

Guest RiverwindMDS
199355-2053.jpg

Thats the genuine above, noticed the black dial, and then the 'white wall' on the outside of the dial. Notice how close the numbers are to the outside of that wall. Next is a picture of the rep, notice the slightly bigger gap.

I for one am convinced that the pictures make this look much worse than it is. I can't say for sure though as I don't own one. I can imagine when its in the scale of 44mm it really isnt that much different?

199355-2054.jpg

It shure make it worse than what is in the reality. I have one Bentley gt and is not so different from the original. The difference must be 1 mm in total, so 0,5 mm by side...

Ive downloaded abt a hundred pics of the GT in my hard drive & there is not a single one which doesnt make me feel the rehaut is 'ignorable' I find it makes the dial look much smaller.And since this is the smaller 44mm Bentley it makes it even smaller.

Lets hope this rep is popular enough for the factories to continue and improve it!

Edited by notguilty

Guest RiverwindMDS
Ive downloaded abt a hundred pics of the GT in my hard drive & there is not a single one which doesnt make me feel the rehaut is 'ignorable' I find it makes the dial look much smaller.And since this is the smaller 44mm Bentley it makes it even smaller.

Lets hope this rep is popular enough for the factories to continue and improve it!

I have the rep and I saw the original thousent times, I can say you it is ignorable.

I compared against the original as well (in person)...looks 98% the same. Pics make it look bad since they are blown up. However the "white wall" is still a flaw and some people want a true 1:1 (not going to happen). No one will ever call the current GT out while on your wrist unless they are from this site though IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

guys do does your day/date function line up perfectly with each other on the GT? Sometimes some days of the week sit a little higher than the number and sometimes they are aligned properly. Is it like this on the gen or is it a flaw? And is it a flaw of the movement? Thanks...

Im not concerned about the speacing but more concerned about the A/R and casbeack. Where can I send it to to get proper A/R? I have the white one currently.

guys do does your day/date function line up perfectly with each other on the GT? Sometimes some days of the week sit a little higher than the number and sometimes they are aligned properly. Is it like this on the gen or is it a flaw? And is it a flaw of the movement? Thanks...

Im not concerned about the speacing but more concerned about the A/R and casbeack. Where can I send it to to get proper A/R? I have the white one currently.

In the Watch repairs and upgrade section there is a post about an 'AR Run'

Currently the first batch has just been sent for a double AR coating. If it is successful, there will be a second batch sometime in the future, keep your eyes peeled!

I have the rep and I saw the original thousent times, I can say you it is ignorable.

Bear in mind my opinion is based on pictures and Ive never actually handled the GT personally so I'll take your word for it. But what abt the date? I have seen some reps with the date font horribly misaligned.Like this particular one here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BREITLING-BENTLEY-CRON...1QQcmdZViewItem

I heard someone say the Day changes at 2 instead of 12 so that might be the cause of this.But day in red and date in blue is not acceptable by any means right? heheh

Regards

notguilty

So to the people that held the gen and/or the rep. Does the day and Date always line up perfectly. Soemtimes my day is a bit higher then the actual date and vice versa. Is it like this on the gen also? If not this is a dead giveaway, no?

Also how come this watch doesnt come with a Swiss 7750???

Bear in mind my opinion is based on pictures and Ive never actually handled the GT personally so I'll take your word for it. But what abt the date? I have seen some reps with the date font horribly misaligned.Like this particular one here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BREITLING-BENTLEY-CRON...1QQcmdZViewItem

I heard someone say the Day changes at 2 instead of 12 so that might be the cause of this.But day in red and date in blue is not acceptable by any means right? heheh

Regards

notguilty

that one on e bay is 100% fake.look at the white wall ring compaired to a gen,

• 1 month later...