When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem Removing The Screws From My Bce White

dvn

Hi,

1.I was strying to shorten the bracelet on my BCE white and i am having difficulty to remove the 2 screws (1 top and 1 bottom) from the last link (i think it is only 1/2 link) attached to the clasp.

they both were just truning but would not come off. Any suggestions and help would be appreciated.

2. How do you replace the bracelet with the trap?

thank you in advance

1) the small links have double screws. You need to secure the screw heads on both sides to loosen and tighten them. It's tricky. I was able to loosen and subsequently retighten one side of my bracelet, but not the other. Perhaps if I have more time and patience I'll be able to get the other one as well.

I didn't worry too much about fine tuning the size of my bracelet, though, because I replaced it with the strap as as soon as the watch arrived. Even with the bracelet resized, I think I will prefer the strap to offset what for me is a fairly blingy watch.

2) As for your second question, the spring bars are difficult, but not impossible, to remove. With the bracelet it's a very snug fit. The trick is that you have to pop the bar out first on the left and then right (or vice versa) before you can remove the bottom or top half of the bracelet. Once again, and as usually happens with me, one half of the bracelet was fairly easy to remove, but the other took me a lot longer. This is another reason why I am less than eager to put the resized bracelet back on the watch to fine tune the sizing -- I'm reluctant to do battle with these spring bars.

Good luck.

@jkerouac: thank you for your reply.

the problem with 6.5" wrist is that i have to resize just about any bracelet i that i got and more often i ran

into issue with i side of the bracelet and i do have to remove both sides to make it fit. i usually bring it to

the watch shop to have it done but it is costly over time. My first attempt and i am struggled with it because

i have very limit patience. I will have to give it another try tonight when i get home from work

I understand. My wrist measures ab. 6-3/4-in. and I'm not certain the bracelet can even be resized small enough for my wrist. Someone with a 7-in. wrist commented that sizing the bracelet was an issue for him, and that he had to use all of the fine tuning slots within the clasp to make it work.

Good luck.