When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's Make A List Of Reps With Real Strong Ar Coating

Guest RiverwindMDS

Guest RiverwindMDS

After recieving the Hublot Big Bang I saw what meaned a real strong AR and how beautiful it was.

Now I want to make a list of all the watches with a good AR coating so everyone can see it, please continue the list so I can see what other reps out there have it.

Please list only reps that are or were sold by our dealers, not modded reps.

1. HUBLOT BIG BANG

198898-2174.jpg

2. BREITLING STEELFISH SUPEROCEAN

198898-2175.jpg

3. BREITLING CHRONOMAT EVOLUTION

198898-2176.jpg

4. PANERAI "FIDDY" 127

198898-2177.jpg

And then I leave you to add other watches. And If you want you can say who is selling it.

Also It would be good to point out a list of the major flaws...

Guest RiverwindMDS

5. BREITLING AVENGER SEAWOLF TITANIUM

quote from the guide of By-tor

1. Breitling Avenger Seawolf Titanium

Thanks to *Chronomat123* and *Takashi*.

198912-2169.jpg

The version with the correct bezel and strong AR is probably one of the best Breitling reps I've seen. After owning the rep Seawolf, I'm having a lot of trouble justifying the $1000 for a used gen Superocean or gen Seawolf. This rep is very close. Wish they made yellow or blue dial reps, as I'd own both. Only flaw I see is the dial quality and hands could be slightly better.

Here's things to take note about Avenger Ti rep:

- Genuine dial has bigger writing on the Chronometre... The 3000m/10000ft should not be in italics as in rep.

- Genuine dial has shorter rehaut ring.

- Datefont is correct on this replica model.

- The lume on hands should be white colour (RC Tritec Superlume C1/White). All reps using C3/green colour.

- Caseback should have ETANCHE... 3000M not 300M.

- Weight on the real deal is 102.30 gram, the rep is slightly heavier due to the movement spacer ring used inside the watch and different movement.

- Probably different grade of Ti used as well <- unconfirmed

- The rep has working He valve... Tested (it won't depress in, it will depress out instead when pressure is high enough).

Editors note:

The watch is huge and thick. I have tried on the genuine and it looks like a hockey puck even on my 8' wrist. If you have small wrists don't even consider it... unless you especially like HUGE watches of course. This rep is also available in stanless steel, although there's no genuine counterpart (although Steelfish SuperOcean uses similar case in stainless steel). Personally I've never been a big Ti fan so I like the ss version a lot more (although it's kinda fantasy watch).

Rumor also has it that this rep is going out of production. So get one of these beasts while it's still possible!

REVIEWS:

Takashi's Seawolf is going through heavy mods HERE.

Randy did the usual Ubi-modifications to his gigantic Ti Wolfie HERE.

Pictorial of Oldecrow's Seawolf can be found HERE.

Bricktop posted a small pictorial of his Seawolf HERE.

Colinmgz shows his gorgous Seawolf stainless steel hybrid rep HERE.

Guest RiverwindMDS
198918-2161.jpg

I don't want to seem pedantic, but there seems to be alot of reflection for a crystal with AR here! A good AR such as on the HBB, and BCE will eliminate reflections given back, it's not whether there is a blue glow from the crystal.

I don't have that watch, so all I can say is what I found out...