When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's Up Pam Nuts...!

Mojua

Hello all! I just posted in the intro forum, but thought I’d stop by here as well, to say hi and thanks for all of the great info…I only discovered RWG yesterday, but already my wife feels like I’ve abandoned her in favor of the watch gods...yet again! :unsure:

I have been an OEM/GEN PAM enthusiast since a friend got a 111g for his wedding back in 2004. From the first moment I saw that big ol tuna can on his wrist, I knew I needed to have one of my own…fast forward to 2006, and I was finally able to save up enough to get a 111i (new from an AD). Now another year on, my obsession and passion for the brand have continued to grow…along with the list of PAMs I would love to own…but my wallet and wife are mysteriously unimpressed…I can’t imagine why… :Jumpy:

Anyway, I’m fascinated by the grace and simplicity of the historic models, and although I would love to own a Base or a Fiver or a Black Seal or an 8 Day (190), the one that really drives me crazy is the Fiddy! A friend picked one up at the Firenze Boutique last summer (must have been one of the last BNIB), and ever since then, I melt whenever I see it…It’s such a stunningly powerful watch, with its minimalist design and historic roots…

BUT, the problem is that no matter how much I love it, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to afford one (at least not in the foreseeable future)…So a few weeks ago I set myself to the task of sussing out a good quality rep…first stumbling upon the cheapos (totally inaccurate), then some pretty good knockoffs, and finally ending up here, where fortunately I’ve found some awesome resources (you folks), and some equally awesome craftsmen who appear to be building pretty darn compelling Reps….

That’s about long enough for now…no questions yet (too much good info to source through), but thanks again…

Cheers!